Joels work-play horse! Pics and vids up!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhodes77

Reaction score
Well after spending hours on the site figuring out what suspension and tires to get i thought id show what ive ended up with. ive had the suspension on for 2 weeks and the tires for a couple of days. but finally got round to washing after the easter break today so thought id put sum pics up. just off the phone sorry. gotta lift up the bull bar yet and try and bend the bloody rear bar back into shape.

So more things to come and sum pics of it in action this weekend when i finally get to test it all out on my first 4x4 outing...driving anyway!

Attachments

• DSC02366.JPG
    DSC02366.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 27,588
  • DSC02364.JPG
    DSC02364.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 164
  • DSC02363.JPG
    DSC02363.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Looks the goods, thats for sure. How have you found the tyres with shooting up stones without front gaurds on.......Any scrubing at all also? Cheers Matt

I also reckon it looks great... What lift have you got just body lift??? and what was involved in the body lidft is your rear step lifted also in those pics and the side steps??? thanks for the info.

matt: i havent noticed anything as far as stones flicking up is concerned. the rear wheel arch's already have hundreds of chips on them already anyway. only heard a couple of bigger rocks come up and hit the side steps.
no probs with scrubbing thus far. have had it fairly flexed up but havent had it off road yet.

vee: i made the lift up myself. bit of stuffing round but i saved about 300 bucks so worth it. no the step isnt lifted yet. and you dnt have to lift the side steps. just the rear step and bull bar. could prob get away with the rear if it wasnt like a banana like mine!

well jayk its really not that hard. i am not mechanically minded at all and it was the first time ive ever done anything like that to a car. if u buy sum specific tools its just a matter of undoing and redoing up bolts! i reckon if i did it again i could the suspension and lift in a day.

hey mate, nice looking nav there

you wouldnt happen to know the dimensions of the body lift spacers would you? I'm stuck at work on OT with nothing to do so might go be productive on the lathe. Obviously the thickness is what ever lift i want, what size bolts are used and whats the outside dimension of the spacer?

thanks guys. umm the bul bar i will do like the d.i.y section on this forum. pretty straight forward.

As for the spacers i used 50mm polyurethane tube. i just found somewhere that sold that sorta stuff, asked for the stuff guys use for bodylifts and thats what he handed me.
bolts wise u need 4x 150mm 12mm, 4x150 10mm and 6x 80mm 10mm. all metric fine thread.
Now that worked with my 30mm lift but if u went any higher i think u need to buy a kit basically coz u cant buy anything longer than a 150mm metric fine bolt. and on the very back 2 bolts on the cab i had to remove the rubber spacer there to fit. no biggy really.

finally got a chance to test her out on saturday!
went to place called pelverata falls. was pretty good. all the hard bits were optional really. but the truck went awesome! didnt miss a beat. and new suspension and wheels worked a treat! even tho im sure my lack of driving experience didnt help at all! As u might b able to tell!lol

YouTube - MOV085.mp4

YouTube - P1030889.mp4

Attachments

• P1030829.JPG
    P1030829.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 96
  • P1030842.JPG
    P1030842.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 102
  • P1030883.JPG
    P1030883.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 95