Engine/Turbo Knock

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dane

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering if any of you have had problems with a knocking sound coming from the turbo area? I have a 09 D40 King cab, only 5k on the clock and have had a knocking sound coming from what i think is the turbo controller/actuator, on closer inspection I noticed a part on the underside of the controller/actuator moving in time with the knocking sound. Any ideas or someone else have the same problem?

Ditto. It's expensive to replace, so for your sake and the dealer's, I'd be back there as fast as possible so nothing else gets damaged. Let us know what the result is!

And while I'm here ... welcome to the forums!

Hi Dane, what did nissan end up doing?
My car started doing this on my recent trip back form VIC, drove 1500k with it.
I inspected closeley at home found it is the actuator rod moving in time with the knock noise and when i clamp any vacum line from the electronic solinoid or to the actuator the rod stops moving and the noise stops as well.
Would love to fix this my self at home as i am not looking for ward to having to educate the service monkeys again, i have had dramas with my car and nissan from week one.

Some things i have tied is checking all vacum lines are clear and free and visially inspect the electronic soloidm made sure connections looked fine and it was clean.

Any other ideas?

good day guys, dealers here in the phl have service advisories to transfer the mounting of the controller/actuator as it makes a 'dong-dong' sound at idle hitting against the truck body... could this be it? and citing krunchi's post, the rod that controls the vanes on my d40 does go up and down on idle too. could this give me problems later on? i just had the turbo replaced.

good day guys, dealers here in the phl have service advisories to transfer the mounting of the controller/actuator as it makes a 'dong-dong' sound at idle hitting against the truck body... could this be it? and citing krunchi's post, the rod that controls the vanes on my d40 does go up and down on idle too. could this give me problems later on? i just had the turbo replaced.

Nope has nothing to do with the controller solendoid hitting the controller.
Today i tested a few thing and when u hold the controller you have feel the dong-dong vibration in time with the sound. The vacume line appears to operate normally and i believe the fault is the actual electronic solenoid unit.

I couldnt seem to fix it and htink it needs replacing, if i take off any one of the vacume lines on the actuator the nice stops and the actuator rod stops moving.

I am a little concerned if this is causing any damage to my car or turbo as i drive around until it can be seen to?

I had the same prob with my d40 it is the vaccum control solinoid , It is a prod with d40,s and they will replace it but be prepared to waite . I waited 3 weeks for mine after being told that there was nothing they could do and there was none in the country and it would take 6 to 8 weeks to get one .I rang nissan australia and we had one 2 or 3 days later .

Latest posts

Back