OBD P2457 Fault

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04HUG

Reaction score
G'day

About 2 weeks ago the engine light came on, after 2-3 days I was able to clear the fault code. Today the light came on again and it is the same code.
On both occasions the cruise control only worked intermittently.

I think the OBD P2457 fault code is "Exhaust Gas Reticulation"

How old is your 550? There were some 2012/2013 models that had faulty EGR valves - not many reports of the V9X with the problem, there were quite a few YD25 140kW drivers reporting faulty EGR valves. Nissan replaced under warranty.

If you've blocked your EGR valve completely, it might be the flow sensor finally noticing that the EGR is missing. If you put the hole in the EGR blanking plate to fool the sensor, maybe enough soot has built up to restrict flow enough to bother the sensor.

G'day Tony

Build date November 2012.
Purchased July 2013.
Now has 23,000 Km.
No blanking plate or any other engine mods (yet).

Thanks for the information. I'll get the cook to chase up the local dealer during the week.

G'day

Took the 550 in to the dealer today, The check engine light turned itself off so they could not find anything wrong. The fault code was stored so they were able to see and clear that.

No charge.

As soon as it happens again, take it back to them - even if it clears before you get there, any dealer worth their salt will realise that they have to do something about it. There MUST be an internal tech bulletin about the EGR valves.

And from memory it was a software glitch anyway ... they replaced the valve and updated the software, but we had someone report to the forum that they'd upgraded the software and didn't touch the valve and the problem was solved.

Old.Tony have you blanked your EGR valve and gotten around the error code that comes with it?

My car is ancient enough to not have an EGR flow sensor, so I can safely blank mine off (and have).

Some of the guys that blanked theirs that do have the flow sensor started with a 4mm hole in the middle of the plate, went to 6mm and settled on 8mm being enough.

I'm not sure if position is important. Maybe you could put a smaller hole right in front of the flow sensor?

They probably did the upgrade when it was there and not told you. They are notorious for doing behind the seen fixes....

Back