HELP!!! I need tires ASAP need advice

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VEE8SS

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been procrastinating about buying tires and one has had a slow leak (standard tires) and absolutely no tread left!

Today when i got back to the ute after work it was flat pretty much and after a 13hr day was too buggered to change it so drove 2 mis at 20km/h to the nearest servo and pumped it up again.

But it is apparent i need to replace them asap.

What i want to know is willa 265/75R16 mud tire fit without a 2inch suspension lift??? I will be lifting it in the next week or so at the most but want to know if i can fit the tires asap then do the lift???

thanks for your help

Michael

I think at worst they would scrub on full lock mate. should be fine short term, if not long term. I'm not talking from experience though so could be wrong.

They will fit.
Speedo is out? I just thought that everyone was tooting at me and saying congratulations on being a safe driver by driving 10km under the limit. Huh. how about that.
I really cant wait until this Nissan Australia rep drives my vehicle!

i have 275/75R16's on mine and have had since before the lift. never scraped at full lock. just the bump-stops belting out a screech but thats because i'm too lazy to put a 'dob' (is that an actual unit of measure?) of grease on them. all good.

Well thanks everyone for the opinions I am going to try track a set of mickey t MTZ' down tomorrow then! hopefuuly that fix's my deflating problem once and for all aswell as helping me stay on the legal side of tread wear!!! these stocko duelers were absolutely rooted at abotu 25000kms and now they have over 35000 on them! ha ah i was pissed off so i was tryign to ake them last as long as possible! thanks for the help guys

micky ts

hey iv got no lift with some 31X10.50R15LT MTZs. im pritty sure (99%) you will have to get some 15 inch wheels at the same time if you want micky ts. if so then find a dealer that will give you a trade in. i payed $1700 and all my alloys and my spair($300 trade) and receved 5 mtzs on white steelies :big_smile: . ohh yeh it scrubs at full lock left but thats only coss my wheel is pushed back an inch or so... in other words you should be all sweet :victory:

charlie

iv got 265/75/16 MTZ on the factory alloys and a 2" lift kit and they still scrap on full lock. but i fixed that by cutting the under guard a bit. took about 10 mins to cut.

Last edited:
I guess everyone's car is slightly different then.... you don't need to change rims to get MTZ's as they make them in a 16inch wheel fitment aswell. Well they are all ordered can't wait and i don't mind if it scrubs a little until i lift it.... It will most likely end up with a body lift aswell at some stage...

thansk fro all your help everyone

WEll I got my MTZ's fitted up yeaterday when they finally came in... got a eally good price aswell which i was very happy about.

they seem to be great so far better than my shagged standard ones in the wet and not overly noisy on the hiway at all... you can definetely hear some noise over the stockos but they were so bald they couldn't catch any nopise or wind under them! I would say they are no where near as load as soem of the low profile 18's/20's i have had on my other commodore's and my wifes SS so happy with that... hopefully the new 3inch exhuast will drown out the little noise there is.

Only thing is they do srub quite badly anywhere near lock on the mudflaps... i'm not really that keen on removing them so am picking up 2inch ironman lift kit off joelus off the forums here tonite so hopefully that will all be sorted then... I assume only going a suspension lift that they will still scrub when flexing though???

anyway any thoughts or comments welcome

ended up getting em from millards tyre centre in TWeed heads but I also got a very good price from burleigh tyre and auto if your looking for soemthing closer

woznme. try jax quickfit at ashmore.dont know if they stock what ya after but they were a fair bit cheaper for bfg a/t's when i put em on. about $40 a set.

Back