Long term D22 build

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hatchy

Reaction score
Last week motor finally cracked a piston so decided **** it, let's build a tough motor. Plan is rebuild with precision international kit, do the head up open the ports up ect, custom exhaust manifold, gt25 turbo, W2A cooler, lift pump, air filter, boost controller, tune, egt/boost gauges, fuel filter relocate, body work, suspension, steel tray, long range tank and clean up wiring. Will post photos of progress will take some time as I'm a poor busy **** lol.

Photos of an old head we are gunna cut up to see what we can do to the head

Last edited:
Look forward to seeing how you go with the build... Just out of curiosity I gather it's a ZD30 engine? Any idea why the piston cracked? How many k's on the engine? I take it you didn't have an egt gauge installed. Any other mods on the old engine?
Sorry about all the questions- I'm just interested as we don't seem to hear about too many bottom end failures on Navara ZD30's on here. It's usually cracked heads due to overheating!

Cheers,

Ben

Yea it's a zd30 in a 02 navara with 270k. It's really common here for the engine to crack a piston here rather than heads. Some say it's dribbling injectors but mine have only done 20k since pump and injectors had been replaced. The top of the piston gets to hot and cracks from over fueling under cruise. My egr is blocked and I've got 3 inch dump into 2.5 straight through.

Last edited:
Yea it's a zd30 in a 02 navara with 270k. It's really common here for the engine to crack a piston here rather than heads. I've blocked egr 3 inch zorst

Fair enough, I thought that was mainly a Patrol problem! Anyway, good luck- keep us posted.

New piston looks different to the old piston, apparently they changed around 2004. You can turn the egr off in the ecu by the temp map.

Yea she's getting there it's been a long haul but worth it.
uploadfromtaptalk1423575979010.jpg
This is what it looked like 2 weeks before I got married, finished it 2 am day of the wedding lol.
Here's my build thread if your interested.

http://www.performanceforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67285192

Last edited:

Ever seen a dual cab well body on a single cab? Just sat on there for storage. This is my parts car

New tyres

Motor is fully stripped down. In the process of cleaning. I'll take photos as I go. New turbo setup will go on after we get the pcm sorted and intercooler gear collected.

Latest posts

Back