Oil filter change

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave WA

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I decided to do an oil,, oil filter change Saturday the 14th , yeah it felt like Friday the 13th , there is no room to move a filter wrench in there, working on my BMW K100 I knew there was an option, found it for the standard Ryco Z89A that's pretty well standard on a lot of the navara's here, Sealey Oil Filter Cap Wrench 96mm x 18 Flutes is your one to look for on Ebay , hoping I helped someone today.
Cheers
Dave

Cheers, very helpful, Just ordered one of those, could of been handy last week after doing my 5k change at home and finding the filter left impossibly tight by the mechanic shop.

Knuckle saver lol.

you can buy a double grab vice type type filter remover from Supercheap Auto for approx $10. you can use a socket / spanner / etc to suit the tight space. works fine.

So I ordered one of these without thinking to check if this was for a ZD30 or YD25 D22 and what do you know. It's too big for the oil filter on my YD25.

If a Brisbane member wants it for their ZD30 let me know. Meanwhile does anyone know the right size for the YD25 oil filter to save me trying to measure and count flutes that would be great.

If it's for a spin on type filter I don't think it will fit a ZD30 either. ZD30's have a replaceable cartridge inside an alloy housing. The housing is removed with a 1/2 socket drive.

Beats me then!! Maybe the OP meant to write 86mm x 18 flutes instead because that is probably the closer size.

96mm doesn't fit the the spare filter I have or the filter that is currently on the car after Nissan did my 30k service last week.

Latest posts

Back