Navara Diesel Pump

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roscoe07

Reaction score
I have been told by a D40 diesel owner whose vehicle has done 265,000 k's that i should replace the device on the diesel pump. (see picture). He says that it costs a few hundred to replace but it faulted and cost him a turbo. Does anyone know what this is called and what it does.

http://www.navara.asia/attachment.php?attachmentid=19679&stc=1&d=1424693204

I am trying to get the picture up I hope this link will work.

Attachments

• Diesel Pump Valve.jpg
    Diesel Pump Valve.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 292
Thanks for the good info. Now you mention it the engine has stopped on me a couple of times for no reason. It restarts quite easily and is fine.
What does the SCV do?
Is it better to replace or clean it - new O ring or something?

The scv or suction control valve is basically a electronic pulse driven solenoid that regulates the fuel flow into the fuel pump.the pump will pump whatever its allocated by the scv.so if you have a sticky solenoid in the scv (aparantly the internal bore gets scratched) the fuel flow gets a bit retarded.

Mine is hunting badly at cold idle and has just started random stalling when first started. And - I am pretty sure it's starving the engine from take off to about 20km/h as the engine groans and appears to labour - then takes off after that.

I feel your pain..i got a random P0093 code on the way to work this morning...currently looking at genuine denso scv alternatives....hopefully before mine croakes it

Thats a good link. However getting from UK means the price similar to here. Maybe someone has a Denso contact and can get the part number 294009-0120 at a reasonable price.

Just re read the listing...grab your pumps part number and see if its on the list..its a big nissan list tho should be there.covers all yd25 varients.
Ill check mine tonight too

Latest posts

Back