*MELB*Anzac Weekend

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aido

Reaction score
Throwing it out there if anyone is interested.
Flexible on location, date or time depending on who puts they're hand up.
Options available are anywhere in the Great Dividing Range NW of Melbourne through to ENE of Melbourne.
What about a trip that we depart from a dawn service in a nominated place or even a night run that see's us pull up at one.
Ideas.
Anybody else got some?

Aido - that is a bloody great idea.

Great to see you keeping the Victorian thread alive.

Unfortunately - as I said in another Vic thread -April is not good for me.

I hope you have a great time.

Cheers.

Well thats me and Jase with a possible overnighter....somewhere on sat or sunday.
Lets workshop thatover the next 5 days. Perhaps Kepples hut and be the first in?
:smile:

I'm definately camping somewhere in the high country this weekend,weather permitting.
Trips over Stirling,Lake Cobbler etc,or we could travel from Mansfield to Dargo via Wonnangatta valley.Plenty of huts and scenery on the way.

Lead the way.
Ange is working. Dogs will stay at home so just me.
Weather looks good according to the BOM.

I'm keen to hit the dirt Saturday morning and come out Monday arvo.
Two nights camping.
Workable?

Well thats me and Jase with a possible overnighter....somewhere on sat or sunday.
Lets workshop thatover the next 5 days. Perhaps Kepples hut and be the first in?
:smile:

I'll stick to my swag, That hut was a little too friendly :knuddel:,

I'm keen to hit the dirt Saturday morning and come out Monday arvo.
Two nights camping.
Workable?

Sounds good.
Lets put our collective heads together then and work on
  • Meeting place and time for launch
  • Route to travel - give or take
  • Supplies - pool together to keep costs down
  • rough locations of overnight stops
  • EXACTLY how much grog is needed :smile:

Found this for some useful info.Vic High Country @ ExplorOz
Ian you have done this trip before. I assume you have maps of the area? If not I'll pick some up this week.
Jase If you wouldn't mind topping off 220 litres of diesel too before we leave? I'll bring a length of hose to syphon off what I might need!:big_smile:

Found this for some useful info.Vic High Country @ ExplorOz
Ian you have done this trip before. I assume you have maps of the area? If not I'll pick some up this week.
Jase If you wouldn't mind topping off 220 litres of diesel too before we leave? I'll bring a length of hose to syphon off what I might need!:big_smile:

I'm in for sure!
I've done that trip as a passenger, but that was 10-12 years ago. Magic views out there!

Not a bad link but the first part through sheep yard is gay.
I have a route that is alot more fun and probably faster to get up to the Bluff.
I have all the maps,i'll post the proposed route up tommorow to see what you guys think.

So just the usual suspects then?

Really looking forward to this one. Should be heaps of good tracks and stories to tell afterwards and during.

Had a look at my maps,come up with a route which has a side tour option near the start of the journey.Will add maybe 2 hours and make finding a camp site later interesting.
The side tour is up over Stirling,down The monument track,Bindaree rd and pick up Bluff link rd to the bluff.
Other wise,meet up and fuel at Mansfield,Mansfield-Mt Buller rd to Mirimbah,air down.
Mt Stirling rd to circuit rd to Howqua gap.(Side tour option).Just past Howqua gap turn into Corn hill logging tk to Pikes flat.16 mile jeep tk up to Bluff tk.
Onto King billy rd,maybe make camp on the Macalister river.
Turn on Howitt rd to Zeka spur track into the wonnangatta valley.

Hows it sounding so far?

Sounding great!

Thought we could meet up at the Yark pub. What time are you thinking about going?

Early so we get a good start.
Good tracks out of Wonnangatta to Talbotville.See how we are going for time at Wonnangatta and plan the rest from there.
Rain can affect some of the tracks and make them dangerous.Some are steep along the sides of cliffs so we must keep an eye on the forcasts.There is a chicken route out of Wonnangatta,not sure where it ends up though.
I'll be taking 20 lts extra fuel.

Forcast for the alps

Forecast for Saturday
Cloudy. Areas of rain easing to scattered showers later. Winds northwesterly averaging 45 to 55 km/h tending westerly 30 to 45 km/h during the afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to around 11 with daytime temperatures reaching around 12.

Mount BullerShowers. Windy.Min9Max9Mount HothamShowers. Windy.Min8Max8Falls CreekShowers. Windy.Min9Max9
Forecast for Sunday
Partly cloudy. Scattered showers during the morning, falling as snow above 1800 m. Winds west to southwesterly averaging 25 to 35 km/h, reaching 45 km/h at times, becoming light by early evening. Overnight temperatures falling to around 6 with daytime temperatures reaching around 9.

Mount BullerSnow. Windy.Min5Max6Mount HothamChance of snow. Windy.Min4Max5Falls CreekChance of snow. Windy.Min5Max7

Starting to get ready for the weekend,

So far I've loaded shovel, axe, machete, fridge, petrol lantern, 20l water, tarp, swag, torch, tools, recovery gear, highlift,maxtrax, chair, table, beer, bourbon,

Ian, I hope an early start isn't too early, like your weather post this morning!

Starting to get ready for the weekend,

So far I've loaded shovel, axe, machete, fridge, petrol lantern, 20l water, tarp, swag, torch, tools, recovery gear, highlift,maxtrax, chair, table, beer, bourbon,

Ian, I hope an early start isn't too early, like your weather post this morning!

Ummm,i slept in this morning :big_smile:
Joking,they haven't changed the forecast really so some warm clothes will be going in my bag.
So far i've packed maps and beer.

Back