Vic Fire's, what has the company you work for done.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave

I sub-contract to Telstra for work, I normally despise Telstra just like everyone else but I have seen they ain't heartless. Well Sol Trujilo doesn't have a heart but the company has shown the ain't. They can be prick's to work for at time's but I think are doing a good job.

Here is a link. Update from Telstra: Victorian bushfires - Telstra, Victorian bushfires, Emergency services, Relief effort - nowwearetalking

Tech's from Newy area are headed up to QLD atm to fix the flooded network. Anyone up that way will be getting the comm's back soon.

Dave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its good to see Telstra finally doing something pro-active, installing payphones with free calls in fire affected areas and restoring mobile phone towers. I do a lot of sub-contract work for Optus ULL's and dealing with Telstra can be a nightmare, but good on em this time!

Its good to see Telstra finally doing something pro-active, installing payphones with free calls in fire affected areas and restoring mobile phone towers. I do a lot of sub-contract work for Optus ULL's and dealing with Telstra can be a nightmare, but good on em this time!

Ill second that, my dealing's with Telstra have been interesting at time's but I will say when there equipment goes down there band 7, 8 tech's do a good job of getting the network up and running promptly.

If a RCM, RIM, DPGS, SCADS etc go down the tech's get them up and going again pretty quickly.

Dave.

The company I work for has done a fair bit so far (army) but there is more to come. I'm on 6 hours notice to move down there from Townsville to set up power generation for a field kitchen and tent lines for the temporarily homeless. Looks like I'm on the dry this weekend waiting for the call. Oh well, its definitely a worthwhile cause. Also apparently $10,000 was raised at the gates here at the barracks in 2 days. Good on Telstra too by the way its all good to see.

My company (privately owned and QLD based) gave $100k . Impressed me , thats for sure . Each year they give a Jetski to Lifesaving Qld as well.

Just got back from Victoria and I was blown away by the devastation down there. There is still great work going on by all involved. We've pretty much pulled out most of our assets down there as the civilian contractors were getting upset we were taking all the work away. Can't please everyone can you!

Latest posts

Back