SEQ Tolls and motorways

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jezz

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I've just moved to QLD and have had my first encounter with the one they call Go Via.... without turning this into a slagging thread as its not going to achieve anything.

What are the other options for having an eTag or such in QLD? as I really do not want to deal with them again at all.

Get a GoVia tag - dont pay so it goes to brisbane city council.. somehow they have your number but only call half a dozen times and give up - id guess they give you a black mark against your name but fark them.. free tolls

G'day buddy,

I believe the only other option is(but please don't quote me on this)

I believe you can just pay as you go.
You will receive a bill in the mail approximately four days after you have gone through a toll.

Rather than have the E-tag.

I believe that is the only other option...

In brisbane alone there are 3 i think tolling companies..
They can ALL jump in a hole. All rude all useless and we all pay ridiculous amounts of money for roads that, YES have been upgraded, but are all fully paid off and making 100% profit

G'day buddy,

I believe the only other option is(but please don't quote me on this)

I believe you can just pay as you go.
You will receive a bill in the mail approximately four days after you have gone through a toll.

Rather than have the E-tag.

I believe that is the only other option...

See the thing is we did the pay as we go thing, still revieved an invoice but over a month after the due date, for another section of road that one would think would have been covered in the one payment. Needless to say a call to the 'ombudsmans' office was made which refers me back to the company in question :Gillard:

I dont have a problem paying tolls, i dont like it but it is what it is, what i dont like is the seemingly delayed invoice to collect extra fees. And then being treated as though i purposely committed an offence just for kicks. From my understanding there is no third party involved in the collection of these fees and the state goverment blindly accepts the claims made by a private company with questionable practises and then punishes you as such.
From a small bit of research it seems as though this happens alot and in my opinion if a system has alot of instances of the same problem then perhaps its a problem with the system not the user.

Yes I feel your frustration. its the one company collecting fees for several different company's and they fob you off to each other .
I had an argument with them over a double charge for a toll and after several attempts it wasn't worth the time and money to peruse.

seq Tolls (Trolls) and motorways

Hey guys,

So I've just moved to QLD and have had my first encounter with the one they call Go Via.... without turning this into a slagging thread as its not going to achieve anything.

What are the other options for having an eTag or such in QLD? as I really do not want to deal with them again at all.

Jezz I thought you can you use your etag here in QLD if you don't want to deal with Via, coming from WA where there are no tolls and the roads are pretty good.
I agree with many we pay enough taxes then they slam us with tolls for short distance runs.

Pacific Motorway no tolls almost all the way to Sydney.. go to Ipswich or the airport and get slammed !!

GoVia are scum of the earth and everyone needs to sign this petition.

https://www.change.org/p/stop-rippi...date&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=&utm_term=

If you're living here permanently sadly you're better off getting a tag and keeping it topped up. Otherwise one day you're going to get a letter in the mail with a pay by due date that was 2 weeks before you even received the letter and they'll then try and sting for you late fees. That's when you ring them and tell them to go f*ck themselves and you're not paying the late fees just because they're useless at sending the notices out in a timely manner.

Last edited:
In any state of Australia, once a road is paid for tolls should not exist on that road anymore.... Wake up wake up Ben..... Fark i was dreaming again...... We all should go on the doll that will stuff the government

Coming from Darwin where all the major roads are resurfaced (even made smooth and level) each year I fail to see why the costs are so high here, I'm paying more tax and more rego to drive on roads that dont even compare to the N.T. in condition and with more road users to split the cost... My simple mind doesnt get it best to just dodge the toll roads I think.

Latest posts

Back