2010 D40 ST Stereo - Aux In

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1279

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

On the weekend I was looking to see if there was an alternative Aux-In on the 6-stack CD player that comes with the new ST D40.

The Aux-In currently is on the front face of the stereo and you've always got a cable running on the front of the dash.

I took the stereo out to find out if there was an additional Aux-In connection via RCA plugs on the back of the stereo.

To save anyone else wasting there time, there is not.

Cheers ... Gregg.

I hid the cables for my aux in behind the silver "surround".
Made sure i purchased a iphone dock with a right angle aux plug. Looks neat and tidy - does not stick out too much.

Mine had (before I ripped it out) a plug in the glovebox for connecting a IPOD.

I used mine for the first time last weekend, the sound is shit.
I'm getting a new DvD/GPS/Reversing camera jobbie soon so hopefully it will have a better method of connecting it (proper dock, not headphones)

I'm not unhappy with the sound ... I think that the standard deck with speakers replaced will probably do for me. The right angle plug for the front connection is a good idea ... to improve it a little.

I would have much preferred the connection in the glove box, however that costs money and the ST is obviously all about minor savings everywhere, hence built in Aux-In = no additional wiring labour/material.

Mine had (before I ripped it out) a plug in the glovebox for connecting a IPOD.

i know this is a bit old mate, but i have an 09' king cab and for the life of me cant find any plug for the ipod. been all through the glovebox, centre console, ain't none on the cd player.
surely i haven't got one, it cant be that hard to miss?

There was reports that some ute's had them as a wire on the back of the head unit and it that there was no external plug, I'm sure it was Nav's I heard did this. Either way if your head unit doesn't have an AUX button I'd stop looking, if there is an AUX button keep looking there is a better than average chance it's there somewhere

i know this is a bit old mate, but i have an 09' king cab and for the life of me cant find any plug for the ipod. been all through the glovebox, centre console, ain't none on the cd player.
surely i haven't got one, it cant be that hard to miss?

No you couldn't miss it, They must have changed the head unit from 08 to 09.

Latest posts

Back