EGR/butterfly mod/Exhaust

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barna

Reaction score
hey guys just thought i'd let you know i done the egr/butterfly mod and put a 2.75" beaudesert exhaust system on my 06 ZD30 str,and what a differance in throttle response and power.It is different vehicle to drive now and that rediculous dead spot down low is 90% gone.

thanks to everyone on the forum for their info and advise.
deffinetly worth every penny.

Snorkle going on this weekend "cleaner air" lol:big_smile:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
06 3.0 TDI STR,sundowner UHF,EGR/Butterfly mod,2.75" Beaudesert exhaust,Nissan tub liner,12 volt accesory plug in tray,Nissan snorkle.

These are 2 mods im wanting to do to my navara as well, i think the exhaust will make a huge difference. Did you fit it yourself? Also in regards to snorkels where are you getting yours from, what brand, and how much damage? Im looking at safari as they have the template and all to fit it and cut the holes out, plus eliminates the pre cleaner which seems to be a bit of a restriction.

cheers

Yes, did fit the exhaust myself, bit of a job but i just went steady steady.
as for the snorkle i got it from a nissan dealer in innisfail for $375 and that is a genuine Nissan snorkle.
I think the safari is about $480.
The Nissan kit had a good template and good instructions.It just takes time fitting it.

haha you from innisfail mate? thats my home town, im going to order the exhaust within the next month so im looking forward to fitting that, Any tips or tricks to fitting it? im pretty sure a can of WD40 will come in handy getting those rusted nuts and bolts off

Babinda mate just a bit north.Rain rain rain rain rain f...ing rain.:big_smile:
I just put mine in 4WD and drove it up on 4 car ramps in my shed, Made life much easyer.
Deffinatly spray all bolts to be removed the night before.It is a must to do the job when cold, Some people do try when hot.
You have to actually take out the two bottom studs that hold the dump pipe to back of turbo.Just lock to nuts together on each bottom stud and take them out first.Because i tried to take the dump pipe of and it wont come till you take out bottom studs.Are you getting a beaudesert exhaust? if so thay should give you two shorter studs to replace the ones you take out for the new dump pipe.
Grab a few 8mm bolts and nuts before doing the job, I needed about 3 or4 that thay did'nt supply.40mm long should be right.
The rear muffler section comes with a rubber block, and was a bit tricky working out which way it went but it only goes one way.
Everything fit really well, so good luck mate.
I also antiseized all bolts.

What cost was the exhaust and why did you not go 3 inch

$1240 supplied from Beaudesert Exhaust.
Thay said that 3" can over fuel the engine.
I dont no wether thats just there sales pitch or not, But the exhaust was a great fit.
Apparentley Beaudesert get the 2.75" pipe rolled in Melbourne because it is not a common size.Thay said their tests gave best results from 2.75".
I also got a lot of good feedback of the forum on the 2.75".
I have noticed a lot of blokes running 3" and dont seem to hear of any problems.

Thay said that 3" can over fuel the engine
thats probably from the patrol version of the ZD30. they can have a few issues with bigger exhausts and quite a few only do 2.75" exhaust due to that.
also 3" can be a bit of a tight fit on the navaras. it has to be just right otherwise it hits the chassis.

Mine had the 3" on it when i got it, and the only problem I had was ip would hit on the tow bar cross peice, so I just got a mate to bend the hanger down a little and now there is plenty of room.

Latest posts

Back