snorkel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cd22

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2004 d22 and I am thinking about doing it up one bit at a time. I was looking at snorkels on ebay and one of them said "for single battery system" or something similar. I wanted to put a snorkel in first and just wanted to know are the snorkels for a dual battery system different? Or is it just a fitting issue? I just don't want to find out later I have to go buy a new snorkel after I fit a dual battery in later on in the year.

Cheers.

maybe consider talking to Gary (nizzbits) on here for a price on a geniune snorkel.. i reckon you'll find it cheaper and you know its the goods.

oh and about the dual battery, don't worry as it normally goes up the back near the fuel filter away from snorkel fittings

I think the newer 2.5 crd D22's come with dual starting batteries which may be what they are talking about. I wouldn't get an ebay snorkel in case you break it you may not be able to get another to fit the holes in your "A" pillar and guard, stick with the Nissan/TJM or Safari as you should always be able to get a replacement. I went with the Safari as it replaces the prefilter canister and opened up space to mount my compressor behind the passenger headlight and my second battery is mounted in front of the passenger firewall in a TJM tray.
peter-st_r-albums-pics-picture464-img-0046.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:
unknown ebay ones are cheap and nasty...made in china so iv heard. they will become brittle and break in our aussie sun. ebay has safari for $480

I just got a genuine Nissan snorkle yesterday for $375.00 just suplied.Iron man was about $300.00,so I went the nissan for the sake of $75.00 .
Going to fit it myself,they come with good instructions and templates so you cant realy go wrong.
I must admit though,its going to be weird running a 90mm hole saw through my beuitiful guard.But thats how they do it.

-------------------------------------------------------------
06 3.0 TDI STR ZD30

Last edited:
WEll mate if you cna grab some pics of the install that would be great.... who did you get the snorkel through???? your local nissan dealer??? not a bad price for genuine nissan mi suppose

i just brought a genuine nissan snorkel from the dealer in hobart for $334 supply only, by far the best price i could find.
j

I got the snokle through Taylors Holden/Nissan in Innisfail nth QLD.I was'nt expecting that price either but it is a genuine snorkle for 06 ZD30.
going to start installing it shortly and i will try and get some picsup soon as i can VEE8SS.

I picked one up from the wreckers for 100 bucks... fitted myself which took about 2 hours! lol bit of muckin around with it and cutting holes with crappy drill bits but looks great! really hear the air sucking in at 3000 revs...

got myself a genuine nissan snorkel yesterday. got it through work ended up getting it for $310. TJM are fitting it for me on Thursday. Not too keen on attacking this car with a hole saw.

wreckers...that's a more economical approach. But I don't really know what I'm doing so I might need to buy a new one so I can have a look at the instructions...hmm.

woteva u do to install a snorkel...make sure u do the stall test. ARB did a good job and stalled the first time.

Thanks for the advice! Can you please tell us the procedure for a stal test?

I just got a genuine Nissan snorkle yesterday for $375.00 just supplied.Iron man was about $300.00,so I went the nissan for the sake of $75.00 .
Going to fit it myself,they come with good instructions and templates so you cant really go wrong.
I must admit though,its going to be weird running a 90mm hole saw through my beuitiful guard.But that's how they do it.

-------------------------------------------------------------
06 3.0 TDI STR ZD30

Cutting and drilling is the easy bit.
Inventing new swear words while dislocating your wrist to fit all seven nuts and washers inside the guard is the really fun part.
And a tip. once you have cut and drilled use a magnet to wave around and collect the swarf so that it doesn't rust and leave stains and it wont scratch the duco as it might if you use a cloth to brush it away.

Last edited:
once installed DONT forget to leak test it...and not by going thru water.. unsure for the airtecs but the safaris..u take the head off.. cover it with thick plastic and see if the car stalls. if it doesnt means u got a leak

whats better? a forward facing plastic snorkell,like tjm or safari etc....or a sss rear facing one....the sss looks better,but i suppose whats more important is what WORKS better...thanks guys,,joe

Back