Remote central locking

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scouse

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some advice please I have a new STR D22 and want to add remote central locking,and have looked at Jaycar kit,but was told that I also need an actuator for the drivers door,my question is do I need a master or slave actuator,would love to hear from someone who has fitted this system regarding work involved etc
Thanks in advance

Mate i read just the other day an thread about a similar topic. It was an older thread
It had just been updated with someone saying they'd overcome the problem they were having and would post info and such.. ill see if i can find and post link

Not what i remeber it being but they might have some better clues
http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=29703&highlight=locking

Last edited:
You need master. I used the jaycar kit in a 2010 Will try and find my photos. But I found all the info needed in the d22 accessories or electrical section

Found em ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428181556.979607.jpg
Master actuator mount. Sorry one screw has deadener over it. I looked at heaps of places and this work great. Placement stolen from another member. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428182048.713560.jpg
Unit mount up. I hacked away all of the unneeded harness. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428182144.345230.jpgmost importantly after ten min with the multimeter I found power and ground in here. Has worked perfectly for three yes now.

Better off just buying an alarm with an immobiliser and central locking all included.
I installed a Mongoose M60s it has all those features and will arm and disarm quietly.

Can anyone give me some advice please I have a new STR D22 and want to add remote central locking,and have looked at Jaycar kit,but was told that I also need an actuator for the drivers door,my question is do I need a master or slave actuator,would love to hear from someone who has fitted this system regarding work involved etc
Thanks in advance

fitted an original Nissan one today; took about 1 hr. all just plugs in. Easy to follow instructions come with kit. I purchased it on ebay

Last edited:
EDIT: All sorted thanks. For others wanting to know, I wired into indicator circuit via relay and two diodes.

Hi guys I have a couple of questions regarding wiring these up. Below is a photo of the wiring diagram from a jaycar kit which I fitted today.
My question is what wire do I run to the parkers for flash when locking button pressed? The actuator was quire easy to fit, and I have 12v and ground connected under dash. I used a slave actuator as per recommendation from the guy at jaycar as it already has central locking he said it wouldn't need a master...
Now when pressing the lock button, the blue wire is the active. I tried connecting this to the parker wire which worked fine, but as soon as I turn the parkers on via the headlight switch the fuse blows. Disconnect the blue wire from the parker wire and the fuse doesn't blow. Reconnect and it blows again....
Any thoughts or ideas on this at all? Should I have used a master? Anyone know what the brown and white wires are meant to be for? When testing the brown and white wires with a test light, they power the actuator in and out...

ZLzLoWb.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Hi all,
Having a few issues with my central locking. When I activate the remote to lock it, the rear drivers side door won't lock and occasionally the drivers door won't either . When I unlock it with the remote, they all unlock. When I lock it and unlock it with the key, all doors lock and unlock as they should.

I found the remote unit under the dash and all cables seem to be connected correctly.

Has anyone got any ideas on where to start?

can u hear the actuators working. if they are you might just need to adjust the connecting rod

Last edited:
On the drivers side door you can hear the actuator work, but the door may not lock. The passenger door on the same side cannot be heard at all. Both will lock when the key is used and you can hear both actuators.

id be taking the door panels off and check where the connecting rod joins onto the locking mechanism rod. might just need to be loosened off and moved a bit so its not running out of travel. id also lube everything up a bit

Pulled the door panel off and found a screw on one of the rods was loose (actuator rod, I think because when I moved it all the doors locked and unlocked). Tightened it up, but it didn't have enough travel so loosened it up again and moved it as far up as it would go and then retightened it. All works as it should now. Cheers for the tips.

Latest posts

Back