service intervals on STX 550 motor

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berndty

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I did try a search on the subject 1st, but all I want to know is should I be servicing the motor on the 550 every 5000km? At the moment I take it to the mechanic every 10 000kms. The car never goes off road, never tows large loads. Only about 1 ton. Thoughts??
Thanks Berndty

My thought would be every 10k will be fine, they say 10000 or 6 months don't they? Something like that. Won't hurt to pull out your air filter every 5000 maybe and give ita blow down.check and clean air blockages ie leaves or shit blocking any airflow. Can't think of any other minor checks to do between services. If you give the truck hell and beat it off road or heavier towing i guess 5000 is more warranted.
do you have your egr pipe blocked or a catch can?

hey thanks.
Stock standard motor. No egr block or catch can. I had a 3lt patrol that i installed a catch can on but when I done the egr block it started to create crazy boost like 30+psi where before max was 21psi. So I took it out and after that I was to worried to modify nissan motors.

Id be looking at doing both when time or money allows.. very simple diy mods that wont cost you the world and will keep your truck running a lot cleaner than not. Ive had mine in since it olny had three numbers on the odometer and havent had any problem
The 550 engine is a bit different but there shouldn't be too much drama blocking the egr. Dont quote me but i think they throw some sort of code?? .at worst drill a little hole- kinda defeats the purpose but better to block most, i guess, than none at all
Maybe when installing the catch can it'd be worth cleaning the connecting piping - air intake to turbo and/or whatever else you can get to to unbolt and clean - intercooler and such

Make sure the oil you use is at least a C3 grade oil. We use C4 now as it's the highest quality for these that Nissan supply

Latest posts

Back