d40 tricks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slyd40

Reaction score
i am new to the d40 world only had mine for 3 weeks i have done many sevices on them but being new to owning one is there any cheap tricks i should know or cheap mods ??????? and its a 06 d40 2.5 st x

i am new to the d40 world only had mine for 3 weeks i have done many sevices on them but being new to owning one is there any cheap tricks i should know or cheap mods ??????? and its a 06 d40 2.5 st x

when servicing them...replacing fuel filters cheapa and decent filters are sakura $60 (apparently they're isuzu trucks genuines)...better than paying $180 genuine...rip off bastards.

keep an eye on the aircon drain..make sure its draining out and not back in2 the passenger floor.

protect coat the abs lines/sensor in the rear...severly exposed.

just done this to mine cleaned up the engine bay a bit and added a cav 296 filter as a bit of cheap insurance

DSCF0457.jpg

DSCF0458.jpg

Unplug the wire under driver seat . No more beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep for no seatbelt . cheapest best mod

when servicing them...replacing fuel filters cheapa and decent filters are sakura $60 (apparently they're isuzu trucks genuines)...better than paying $180 genuine...rip off bastards.

keep an eye on the aircon drain..make sure its draining out and not back in2 the passenger floor.

protect coat the abs lines/sensor in the rear...severly exposed.

Sorry to go off topic. But I need a new fuel filter are these fuel filters a direct replacement? Also would you have a part number? cheers.

cheaper yet, wear a seatbelt, safer too :wink:

Haha fair call, I unplugged mine and it is gold, Moving the car around my work complex, moving it at the beach etc or out 4wding, bringing the boat up the boat ramp, it used to really sh$t me off having to put the belt on all the time to do 20km/h with no other cars anywhere near me.

I had heard that fitting a CAV would play up with the rail and ecu......what has been your experience since fitting the CAV?

only just fitted it with no problems yet. I dont see how it can cause any problems with the rail or ecu

Haha fair call, I unplugged mine and it is gold, Moving the car around my work complex, moving it at the beach etc or out 4wding, bringing the boat up the boat ramp, it used to really sh$t me off having to put the belt on all the time to do 20km/h with no other cars anywhere near me.

I agree, unplugged mine on my D22 within 2 weeks of owning it!

cheaper yet, wear a seatbelt, safer too :wink:
i dont see the reason wearing a seatbelt in the bush doing 20kph opening gates all the time when you dont see a car for a hour . maybe your car is a city shopping trolley

Sorry to go off topic. But I need a new fuel filter are these fuel filters a direct replacement? Also would you have a part number? cheers.

im installing the fuel filters tomorow actually..apparently u keep the original water drain off the genuine..

i dont see the reason wearing a seatbelt in the bush doing 20kph opening gates all the time when you dont see a car for a hour . maybe your car is a city shopping trolley

My personal car is 90% city shopping trolley however my work car is a 70 series wagon on a mine site (100% gravel road/off road). I dont want to get into an argument but face facts, you are always safer with a seat belt on, 6 states and 2 territories can't be wrong! So far this year we have had 5 vehicles invloved in roll over accidents on my site, I agree that they weren't doing 20km/h, but getting out of the habit of wearing a seatbelt breeds complacency and the next thing you know your on the highway doing 120km/h and involved in an accident. Just looking out for you all!

A guy I was working with a few weeks back goes to the trouble of taking the seat belt from the back seat and sticking it into the drivers seat latch so the alarm stops buzzing. I thought most manufacturers made the buckles different these days to stop that sort of thing but apparently not all do. Still we had a laugh that someone would go to the trouble of reaching into the back seat to connect a belt just to stop a seat belt alarm when putting the damn thing on was so bloody easy, still this guy was from Tassie so some allowances need to be made.

Well when you get off the boat/plane just make sure you hold the door open for everyone else and you might not have to go through the required entry lobotomy.

Well when you get off the boat/plane just make sure you hold the door open for everyone else and you might not have to go through the required entry lobotomy.

:big_smile: gold! But seriously, I know some very nice people from Tassie and every one of them has a lovely set of personalities.

Ahhh geez where would we be without the Tasswegians, we'd have to spend our time picking on the Irish or the Poms.

We were laughing :p

Never been down there 4wding but the fishing is pretty good and two heads or not the people down there aren't the worst in the world thats for sure.

:big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: totally agreed buzurk, best/cheapest mod ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back