Fitted Steinbauer, very happy!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackass

Reaction score
Hi all,

Took the plunge and had a Steinbauer chip installed by Rankin Diesel in Bayswater, Vic. In a word...brilliant. Makes the vehicle run to its potential. Why don't Nissan make them that way in the first place?

Turbo spools up a lot quicker, and there is a appreciable increase in power and torque over the rev range, my only regret is I didn't do it ages ago.

So far no real difference in fuel economy both normal driving and towing. EGT's seem to be slightly higher but I am not sure, no problems though.

Recommend Rankin Diesel, great to deal with and very informative.

I'm smiling!:big_smile:

cheers
Geoff.

I have a steinbauer as well.Looking to have a 3" stainless exhaust fitted.Dump to tailpipe with egt installed.
What egt are you experiencing now with chip and what was it before?
Rick

Steinbauer are a factory option on some VW diesel engines in Eurpoe. VW won't tell you such, but there are some "power enhancements" available from the factory, let's put it that way... And guess what - they are provided by Steinbauer.

If I finally get around to doing a chip, it will be Steinbauer or DP chip. In my humble opinion, the only two companies I would deal with. And not one chip but two - one for the Navara, one for the Benz.

Hi all,

Took the plunge and had a Steinbauer chip installed by Rankin Diesel in Bayswater, Vic. In a word...brilliant. Makes the vehicle run to its potential. Why don't Nissan make them that way in the first place?

Turbo spools up a lot quicker, and there is a appreciable increase in power and torque over the rev range, my only regret is I didn't do it ages ago.

So far no real difference in fuel economy both normal driving and towing. EGT's seem to be slightly higher but I am not sure, no problems though.

Recommend Rankin Diesel, great to deal with and very informative.

I'm smiling!:big_smile:

cheers
Geoff.
ye had one on my navara d40 going great especially when towing the boat. Noticed no change in fuel economy great on take off much less turbo lag. Now looking at a decent exhaust system to suit any recomendations. Also getting the old man emu suspension done in a few weeks.

Back