Central Locking

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DVR

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm trying to install a keyless central locking kit to the Nav. The install Diagram that comes with the kit can be seen here (small file) 006315-003 | downloads.virtualvillage.com
The diagram that came with the kit is the same but wires 123 are labeled Lock, and Wires 456 Unlock.
Trouble is I'm having difficulties locating the wires to tap into on the NAV so If anybody has done this and can be helpful or if you can point me to a wiring diagram of an 06 STR I'll be very grateful

Last edited:
Might be worth getting on to Dave and asking if he can get you a copy of the manual, there is probably other people on here with the D22 manual but Dave's the first one that springs to mind.

Nice to see someone got something from VV, we had a major problem with that mob, refund came back so it was good in the end but initial dealings really sucked.

Just to bump up this post, i also need similar help, with which wire i can tap into to get the indicators to flash.. is it possible to use any of the wire located behind the hazard lights switch?? If so what color/s do i go with?

Cheers.

i installed my kit by tapping into the switch on the door panel, just used the wires on the back of it (door unlock / lock near the window butons), my kit came with the actuators and stuff but i tossed them and just hooked the wires up to that switch, dont remember which wire is which but just put 12v to each and see what it does, or use a test light and toggle the switch.

As far as indicators flash, unless your kit come with a output for it, its a paint, your better off using your parkers as to use indicators you would need to use diods and stuff so that when you indicate left the right ones wont come on. You cant just use the 12v off the output either :( i havent got any lights for mine as it was just to painfull to do, unless anyone else has an idea?

Thats the problems ive been having, i can have it flash the left indicators (by themselves) no problems. And can also do the same with the right, but the moment you hook them together, you loose control of your left and right seperate indications when trying to use the indicator stick normally.

I was speaking to someone who was saying it would be possible to use 2 relays, in a way that allows the signal to be sent through when you push the button on your remote, but then "breaks" the connection between the left and right indicators once the unit stops flashing the lights. (hope that makes sense) So im gonna give that a shot, unless someone comes up with something better first :)

Hi all,
I'm trying to install a keyless central locking kit to the Nav. The install Diagram that comes with the kit can be seen here (small file) 006315-003 | downloads.virtualvillage.com
The diagram that came with the kit is the same but wires 123 are labeled Lock, and Wires 456 Unlock.
Trouble is I'm having difficulties locating the wires to tap into on the NAV so If anybody has done this and can be helpful or if you can point me to a wiring diagram of an 06 STR I'll be very grateful

I wired my keyless entry on my D22 into the central locking relay in behind the centre dash ashtrays just below the heater controls, the blinkers i tapped into he back of the hazard light switch.
As to what wire goes to what i cant remember off the top of my head, if your still stuck later on i'll try to have a look to suss it out.

that would be good if you could blacknav,
save me buying relays and what not. Also, do you just have the 1 wire going from your central locking box to the hazard light switch (for the indicators)??
My Nav is the same year/make as yours so if you can tell me the wire you hooked into, would make my job much easier :)

I gave up trying to do it myself. It seems that the 06 STR's dont have an actuator in the drivers door, just switches to fire the actuators in the other doors. So it goes into the Auto sparky on wednesday.

The fitting of the actuator in the drivers door is actually quite easy if you want to save yourself the money, it took longer to get the door panel off the car than fitting the actuator, as there is a nice little pocket of space at the bottom of the door, just below the switch that sends the signal to the other actuators.
Maybe you can ask the sparky for me what wire he latched onto to get the indicators to flash ;)

What was the cost of installing keyless central ? I suppose you get what you pay for, but this looks cheap as chips,
Remote Keyless Car Central Locking System

I bought mine from Bulgaria....
Remote Keyless Entry Kit NISSAN Patrol Navara Pulsar - eBay Keyless Entry Remote, Safety, Security, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 05-May-10 17:57:30 AEST)

Cost around $40, but came with the awesome flick key/remote. Although my kit came with no actuators, but a friend had a spare one, and considering you only need the one as there are already 3 in the passenger doors, it didn't cost me anything.

Bulgaria ??! anyway, the remote looks much better, what about installation ? What would an auto electrician charge me ?

I got this kit offered them $15 and they accepted. $30ish delivered - cheaper chips!!:big_smile: I liked the look of the key fob that comes with ths one too so it's all good so long as it works:hmmmm2:
A straight hook up he said about $88 (1 hours labor) If it needs an actuator and he thinks it does, $200 (2 1/2 hours)He owns the performance place a few doors up from work and he's mates with my boss so I'm confident that he will do the right thing and only charge me for a actuator and the actual time it takes.

It's not too hard, if you have dabbled with electronics in cars before its pretty easy, minus the only part I'm having trouble with (hooking up the indicator flash wire to the wire it needs to be) but hopefully someone will get back to me on here about that. But if you prefer not to touch it, I'd say an auto-elect would charge you a few hours worth of time, so could be anywhere from $80 upwards. Wouldn't hurt to get a quote and find out i suppose.

I got this kit offered them $15 and they accepted. $30ish delivered - cheaper chips!!:big_smile: I liked the look of the key fob that comes with ths one too so it's all good so long as it works:hmmmm2:
A straight hook up he said about $88 (1 hours labor) If it needs an actuator and he thinks it does, $200 (2 1/2 hours)He owns the performance place a few doors up from work and he's mates with my boss so I'm confident that he will do the right thing and only charge me for a actuator and the actual time it takes.

I may have an actuator or 2 i can sell if my mate doesn't need the spares he gave me. I'll ask him tomorrow if he's keen on selling them for around $10 each if anyone is interested, let me know, and i'll come back with the details if he wants to sell them tomorrow.

I may have an actuator or 2 i can sell if my mate doesn't need the spares he gave me. I'll ask him tomorrow if he's keen on selling them for around $10 each if anyone is interested, let me know, and i'll come back with the details if he wants to sell them tomorrow.

On that note, he doesn't want to sell them, he's keeping them as spares incase he has any faults with his own. Sorry.

you could do it with two diods, they are about 30c each from jaycar or dick smith. just have the one wire split into to left and right then have a diode in between the main wire and the indicators, the diode will stop the power going back, you can try it with some LED's if you have any of them lying around they will do the same thing. Ill try to draw a pic

Left Indicator Wire Right indicator wire
| |
Diode Diode
| |
\ /
\ /
|
Trigger from central locking

A Diode is effectively a one way valve from electricity so you have to put them in the right way around. White stripe to direction of flow i think.

I cheated when i installed my kit as the bloke before me had put a full alarm locking / immobilisers in which i ripped out and used the wires from it for my central locking module. Hate aftermarket immobilisers.

Or you could just use the central locking to trigger your parker lights, front and rear lights will light up and only one wire needed. there is a wire on the drivers side under the plastic trim that you can tap into.

My pic didnt work here it is in PDF

And a pic of my nav going up a hill

Attachments

• wireing.pdf
    22.9 KB · Views: 261
  • 06122009_009.jpg
    06122009_009.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 68
My pic didnt work here it is in PDF

And a pic of my nav going up a hill

Thanks for that mate. I'll see if "blacknav" can let me know which wire to use over the next few days, if not i might have to go down the diode path.

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back