Trustworthy Mechanics.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Highbury Auto. The owner Joe is a good egg who has saved me lots of money. 40K service on the NAV only came to $280ish. NISSAN wanted over $600. It's lucky I work at Holden Hill cos he's a long way from Andrews Farm.

I'm gonna rant a bit here so duck.
A few years ago I took my old HJ60 to a local big name mechanic (Charlotte St. Smithfield. pm me if you want to know who) to get my brakes machined only to have them pulse badly. I thought they would be OK cos they always have cop cars there for servicing and repairs. Anyway when I picked it up I was told shes all good but I'll need new discs next time cos they are down to their limit. SO, cut a long story short, they still pulsed slowing down from 80kph and my hubs no longer locked. Took it back and after he had the thing for 2 days it was obvious the car hadn't moved from where I parked it when I dropped it off and I was fed some B/S about pulsing being normal fault in Cruisers with auto's cos they are such a heavy car. When I asked him what the run out was all he would tell me was it was OK. I asked him if he put a clock on it and he said "nah, I spun it with my hand and it looked alright"
"SAY WHAT!!!!!" said I, "Your kidding right? The max allowable run out on those things is 0.2mm. I'm a Fitter and Turner by trade and I can barely see 0.2 at speed on a lathe and yet you can see it on a disc spun by hand??"

Never did get any joy from him. Oh, and the hubs still wouldn't lock. BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Shortly after that the old girl died from a lack of sulfur so that was the end of that(end of rant)

I hate the "who can I trust" dilemma, cos I've been stuffed around and lied to often and once I've been bitten I WILL NOT go back!!!

Gonna say Hitech Diesel on Churchill Rd - their Honesty and willingness to investigate has saved me several $k in recent months!

nakedape

D Smith and Son (mechanical) on Magill Rd are very honest. Auto ELectrical Electroserve Magill Rd Kensington park. bth places very honest guys and girls. fair price too!

Dad uses and has for years

Ultra Tune in the City.
J.W. Lawrence Auto Electrical - Andrew St Adelaide

I use Rache Mechanical Repairs at Freeling, couldn't talk more highly of them. Good price and very good mechanics

Marion Motors rated 100%

I use Martin at Marion Motors, 3/55 Norfolk Road, Marion SA 5043, (08) 8298 3759, he's an older very truthful and trustworthy guy who has been working on diesels from the dawn of time. He really knows his stuff and i would highly recommend using him 100%. It took me a long time to find a decent mechanic and i'm gonna stick with him.

Complete exhausts at Brahma lodge, they do general mechanical as well, no B/S and good prices, have known the guys for years..

Paul Schwartz at Ridgehaven; a great guy & he knows his stuff! I think just about everyone in my street goes there for mechanical work! :)

Rodd Webb Auto Electrical at Somerton Park
***Disclaimer: I'm indirectly affiliated with this place as my brother works there. They do good work however, I wouldn't let him near my Nav if he didn't!

Also, Up-Link Communications in Goolwa, when I was first looking at radios went down to have a chat with the guys there and they were very helpful.

Keiths Car Car in Mt Barker. Secker Rd. Pretty Expensive but very good. In a simple service they went above and beyond with things and did alot but were still a little cheaper than The Holden Dealer (It was on my VZ)

John Kreig's Engine Reconditioning.Also in Mt Barker, Also Secker Rd... For everything engine wise. Amazing knowledge and also tracks down parts quickly and very well priced. Sorted a whole new cylinder head with valves, valvesprings, full Gasket Kit and all head bolts for $1518

Latest posts

Back