Oil warning light not turning off.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smithy79

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I just posted in the front page tech section in a previous thread.
Sorry to double up, just not sure if everyone reads all the new stuff.
This is specific to my D22 ZD30, so I hope someone can help.
I did an oil change over the weekend, ran out of time Saturday night so I let her drain into the pan overnight.
Replaced the oil filer and sump plug washer, and filled her up yesterday.
Started her this morning and the oil lamp took a bit to go out but eventually did, but then when I went for a drive the light flickered, only dull though. But on the way back home the light came on solid and now does not go out.
I've done my oil changes before and this has never happened.
Any ideas??
Cheers
Smithy.

Had same problem usally happens when you wash your engine bay. the oil sensor gets dirty you might have to change it or just wait until or if it goes away mine went away

Ok,
Well it did rain after I finished the oil change, even though the front end was under the eave of the house, the rain did run off the bonnet whilst it was up and some water came into the engine bay, particularly at the back, so definitely could be a factor.
Cheers!!

I'm gonna change it anyways, and maybe use some dielectric grease in the new connection. Will hopefully prolong the life of the new one.
As suggested by Rumpig I'll probably get it checked with a gauge as well, just to be sure.

Latest posts

Back