2008 D22 Stereo removal/UHF install

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason

Reaction score
I installed my TX4400 this morning and took some pics of that section of the dash with the shroud removed, also some pics of the stereo, plugs etc. Thought it may help some people in the future.

Attachments

• IMG_1724 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_1724 [800x600].JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,192
  • IMG_1727 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_1727 [800x600].JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 1,176
  • IMG_1726 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_1726 [800x600].JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 2,020
  • IMG_1725 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_1725 [800x600].JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 3,391
Good work on the photo's, I installed mine in the same spot 2 years ago.

Look's like Nissan hasn't changed anything in the car. Where did you pull the power from. Mine is wired through a fuse block and then to the battery.

Dave.

I tagged off the stereo power & earth. It is 10 amps fused so the fuse/cable has plenty of room to handle the 2A max the TX4400 will draw.

If I upgrade the factory stereo to a better one I will rerun the UHF power.

How did you get the shroud off. I've had a good look and taken out the two obvious screws above the heater controls but can't seem to budge it.
Any advice?

theres two tabs right at the bottom you need to push up with a screwdriver/flatblade. bit of a barstard of a job to get them. i suspect a lot just break the tabs off.
once you push one tab up pull that side of the bottom out then do the other.

Hey guys ... Just spent the morning installing the UHF into my nav and I just wanted to say without the trusty iPad.... The Navara forum... And Jason's awesome photo's I'm almost positive there would be a nav with a broken dash and no UHF in the garage right now.... Thanks heaps for the tips!

Jason what colour were the stereo wires you tagged into, i tried this and succeeded in burning the stereo(bad smell) but not powering the UHF. cheers, matt

Mate that was over three years ago, I don't remember what I had for lunch today! Too many beers over the years.

Someone else may be able to help, but sorry I can't remember.

Just remember the negative isnt the black!

Legend!

Mate, ripper job on the photos and the tips on the tabs. Im about to bang a double din head unit into my Nav and came across this, exactly what i was after before tackling the job! Shit hot effort i say ...

Latest posts

Back