where to install uhf?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon

Reaction score
I have a GME TX3200 sitting on my workshop bench doing nothing and want to install it in the nav. But I don't want to put it in the usual spot above the existing stereo, I have other plans for that area. The only other place I can see to put it is sitting upright against the gearbox tunnel next to the gearstick. Anybody have a better idea? Cheers

Prefer not too, at the cost they are I could buy a remote head unit one for cheaper and mount under the seat. Running out of ideas so I might just flog this one off on ebay and do just that.

This is the model I have

tx3200.jpg

Mines mounted next to the gear stick. I am still considering a roof console one day but for the time being I went for the upright mount.

Even for a bloke of about 6 foot 3 there is still heaps of leg room and the radio (mines bigger than yours...and thats not just bragging :big_smile:) is in a nice easy position to reach. I didn't even bother with the mic mount as by the time I cut the plastic clip off the rear of the mic it sits nicely in the little hole Nissan left me beside the stick.

I find myself leaning my leg against the unit a bit but have never had it get in the way or caught anything on it. I think I used about 6 screws (or maybe 8) to make sure it was a nice tight fit for the bracket because the angle of the bracket meant I couldn't use screws on one end but it's sitting firm now. Some might argue that I'll leave screw holes in a visible place should I ever remove it or sell the car but to my way of thinking the chances are I'll probably only ever remove it when I sell the thing and 6-8 holes in the console wont make any difference on the price so it's not really an issue.

Jon, I have the same uhf & have mounted it in the spot above the centre console.
If you check out my garage you can see how I have mounted mine.
Cheers, Phil

pretty sure Jon has a silver D22...so yeah there is limited area apart from spare DIN to put it. I think under driver seat is great if you have one that has all controls on mic, this is how i'll go when i put one in mine. UHF is pretty much next on list for me.

I had one of those twoways originally mounted in the spare din spot, I move the stereo to the top spot and had the twoway in below, I found that the hand piece lead rubbed the dash and then that was the spot I ended up putting two guages, now in a roof console I think it is the way to go. I have a tx4400 now as I am running the tx3200 in my commodore.

Latest posts

Back