Snake/caloffroad etc control arms

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loco12

Reaction score
hi,

just after some info on control arms, i have done some searching but cant find an answer.

if i fit aftermarket control arms and the wheel is on the bumpstop for down travel has the angle of the cv increased or does the new arm fix this problem by changing the cv angle?
ie (not that i would do it) if you took the bump stops out or changed them for smaller ones, do you get the same result?

j

Will break CV's. The Arm allows for greater movement in the front end but also increases the angle of the CV's
Only true solution for greater articulation in the front of a Navara is a coil over solid axle. Got quoted $13500 and a week to do it. Of course then you need to replace the rear with coil over as well to match the front which took it to $19000.
Doing the sums it is worth it. If I wanted to upgrade to a Patrol cab chassis then that would be $54000 off the showroom floor $20k more than a Nav but it would be a single cab instead of the dual cab.
Food for thought but don't bother with the arms unless they are really necessary and you are very gentle in low range.

Latest posts

Back