v6 550 exhaust system.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berndty

Reaction score
Hey guys
I want my 550 to have a better exhaust note. Today I unbolted the movement flange between the cat and 1st muffler. It sounded ok. I was wondering if I went to get a pipe straight through from that flange to the back of the car. Would it cause fault codes?? Would it void warranty?
Thanks Berndty.

Hey guys
I want my 550 to have a better exhaust note. Today I unbolted the movement flange between the cat and 1st muffler. It sounded ok. I was wondering if I went to get a pipe straight through from that flange to the back of the car. Would it cause fault codes?? Would it void warranty?
Thanks Berndty.

I've just got Diesel performance unlimited to do a remap, fit a redback extreme 3" turbo back exhaust and a pedal box. The new exhaust gets rid of the two cats
and has 1 large muffler to keep the noise level the same as standard. The difference in power is unreal

I've just got Diesel performance unlimited to do a remap, fit a redback extreme 3" turbo back exhaust and a pedal box. The new exhaust gets rid of the two cats
and has 1 large muffler to keep the noise level the same as standard. The difference in power is unreal

Do you have any pictures?

Hi, not sure what it would do to your warranty but I doudt it would trigger any codes. I had a remap done to my 550 and gained bout 20klw with the standard exhaust but I to am now finding myself playing round with the muffler. I would like to do the system from the turbo back and fit it myself but I have no idea how they can get to the bottom nut holding the dump pipe to the turbo. I dropped mine behind the DPF which isn't hooked up to begin with and it barely sounded any different so pulled DPF out and then it was straight threw apart from the 1st cat in the dump pipe and was to loud for my likeing but wondered if it would sound ok without the DPF but still had the standard rear muffler so have ordered a DPF delete pipe and gona see how that sounds. If I'm not happy a full system or a system from back of dump pipe is only option.

So I fitted the delete pipe and it doesn't really sound any different so the standard muffler must cut all the noise. Was no real noticeable power or torque increase

I have now had a 3 inch pacemaker turbo back system fitted and stage 2 ecu tune to the ute and am very pleased with the results. The exhaust gives massive increase in power and torque off the mark and down low where the 550's lack as standard. Dyno sheet shows the PEAK power is now about 10 klw higher than the stage 1 tune so is now 30klw up from standard but at 2000rpm gained a massive 60klw. All work was performed by forced performance in Toowoomba.

I have now had a 3 inch pacemaker turbo back system fitted and stage 2 ecu tune to the ute and am very pleased with the results. The exhaust gives massive increase in power and torque off the mark and down low where the 550's lack as standard. Dyno sheet shows the PEAK power is now about 10 klw higher than the stage 1 tune so is now 30klw up from standard but at 2000rpm gained a massive 60klw. All work was performed by forced performance in Toowoomba.

Pictures ?

I uploaded a pic of pipe and a dyno graph from standard to the stage 1 map and also then to the stage 2 and exhaust to my forum garage in the 2015 folder. Hope yous can c them and is of interest to yous.

Latest posts

Back