no limit diesel tuning!!>???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gordo09str

Reaction score
Hi all, I was getting around ebay the other day and came across these
"no limit diesel tuning box"
I am so keen for some mods to get my 09 str going!!the price $399 is pretty good, apparently from germany and give a 30% power gain and up to 15% fuel economy.. I thought someone may know of these?
I contacted a person who had purchaced one and he said it worked.
I am not too mechanically minded although trying, so I was hoping for some help.
Cheers

I am so keen for some mods to get my 09 str going!!
Cheers

Maaaaate!

If ya wannit to rev,
drop in a CHEV!

Seriously,
the safest thing you could do is check out the threads concerning DP Chips or others and ex pipe mods here for a tried and tested route,
and the guys who have them will I,m sure answer your questions.

no limit diesel tuning

gordo09str the no limit chips are $150 not $399, actually if you have a D40/D22 2.5 you can make an offer I have heard of them taking $120. If you have the D22 STR ZD30 the price is $159 to your door. Got mine yesterday got to get some install probs. sorted before I can fit it though!!

I've got one of these chips on my zd30. Did improve power, def not fuel economy prob cause I was using the extra power. I only had the chip connected for a few weeks because of how easy it was to get the egt to 700degrees (pre turbo) without even trying. If you are going to get one I would highly recommend getting an egt set up first and watch what those temps do for a few drives first so you can see how the chip will affect the temps and when you will have to back off. All these chips do on the zd30 is Make the spill valve(?) stay open longer depend on the throttle input percentage, the driver has to do all of safety monitoring of the vechicale.

Don't do it or be very carfule and realise these chips leave it up to driver to save their pistons from melting.

I've got one of these chips on my zd30. Did improve power, def not fuel economy prob cause I was using the extra power. I only had the chip connected for a few weeks because of how easy it was to get the egt to 700degrees (pre turbo) without even trying. If you are going to get one I would highly recommend getting an egt set up first and watch what those temps do for a few drives first so you can see how the chip will affect the temps and when you will have to back off. All these chips do on the zd30 is Make the spill valve(?) stay open longer depend on the throttle input percentage, the driver has to do all of safety monitoring of the vechicale.

Baitfish. when you had your No Limit tuning chip fitted where did you hook the white wire to? (thats the throttle position take off). I cannot get to the accelerator to get at the wires even with accelerator disconnected, does the wire go into the engine bay somewhere.
Many thanks in advance.
Danny

as far as i know it goes to the ecu. i got to mine at the throttle, wasnt easy but enough room to solder and tape up. should be a plug that you can undo and get a bit of play with.

no - limit diesel tuning

Finally got that elusive white wire located (thanks Lindsay at Northside 4X4).
The unit has been wired with a switch in the cabin so I can turn it off when I don't need it. Fitted a Pyro to monitor exh temps. Just normal driving without the chip it is very hard to get to even 300c degrees, with the chip not much difference in temps but huge difference in power especially middle range, haven't checked fuel consumption yet but heading off to Darwin next week with van in tow. Thats the main reason for the chip so I will find out then.

no - limit diesel tuning

Well I did Darwin and back and what a drive. The chip worked fabulously, with the van,1500kg pop top on. I did the drive in 5th gear on cruise for (97%) of the time, every time a hill came up the chip cut in at the end of the throttle range and it was like another gear. The highest the EGT got to was 670c and that was on a kilometer long fairly large upgrade, but that was only momentarily. For towing I cannot speak more highly of this chip and for the money well worth it.
While cruising on the flat stretches I turned the chip off, The fuel consumption for the whole trip was 14l/100klm, I am very happy with that considering my mate with a Terracan towing same size van was doing 20l/100klm.

Thats damm good fuel economy pulling 1.5 tonne well done now not that it is related to this thread can someone tell me what water meth injection is and what the tank is for,it's not something i wan't to do at all but i keep hearing about it and am curious

It injects water and/or methanol into the intake, helps with soot buildup and EGTs but if you want my opinion its a waste of time, I wouldn't do it, just another thing to go wrong and if cars needed it then they would all come with it...

Thanks 180 no way would i do this i keep hearing of it and had no idea
how it worked why would one do it my previous d21 2.7 did 460.000 before a simple valve grind as a 17yr old in 89 i did oil and filter changes every 5k on my first car $21.000 then for a single cab was big $ then it rewarded me well lets hope the yd25 does the same then again give me pushrods and 58kwts that went anyplace over more grunt and worries

Just installed mine. the Noticible power is amazing. I already had an intercooler and exhaust fitted but this chip by far outdone the benifits of these too together. So responsive and no lag down low. Best mod for money I've done. Yet too see how fuel encomy is affected but

They just accepted my offer of $110USD + shipping. Grabbing one now to put aside until I get around to installing EGT and boost gauges :)

Latest posts

Back