Aftermarket Fuel Tanks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonba

Reaction score
Hey all!

I have contacted Long Ranger fuel tanks, and they have advised that they will have fuel tanks available in the next 2 months.

As I do a fair bit of towing, I wouldn't mind getting one as it means I don't really have to navigate my car float into a servo as often.

Will keep you all updated when I hear more..

Anyone else in the market for a LR fuel tank?

Its at the dealers waiting for the Nav to turn up From Perth after the canopy is fitted. another 2 weeks away.
I won't know how it effects the gauge as i will not get a chance to drive it with the stock tank, Sorry.

Have you got that tank yet? Im interested to see if it changes your fuel gauge at all?
It will definitely affect the gauge. I have a 4wd systems one in my d22, which is supposed to be 137l usable. The fuel gauge used to move roughly 1/4 of a tank every 180-200km with the stock tank. Now it doesn't start moving til about 350km. Last fill up i had 950km on the odometer and put in 100l. I have slightly bigger tyres on than standard, so end up doing about an extra 3km for every 100km on the odometer...

It will definitely affect the gauge. I have a 4wd systems one in my d22, which is supposed to be 137l usable. The fuel gauge used to move roughly 1/4 of a tank every 180-200km with the stock tank. Now it doesn't start moving til about 350km. Last fill up i had 950km on the odometer and put in 100l. I have slightly bigger tyres on than standard, so end up doing about an extra 3km for every 100km on the odometer...

Oh, I dont care about it moving later. I'm more interested in... does empty on stock guage still mean empty?

Oh, I dont care about it moving later. I'm more interested in... does empty on stock guage still mean empty?
Oh right lol. Yeah. I can say first hand as I fitted mine myself. The fuel pickup sits right on the bottom of the tank and the float when at in the totally empty position still has fuel below it covering the pickup.

Oh right lol. Yeah. I can say first hand as I fitted mine myself. The fuel pickup sits right on the bottom of the tank and the float when at in the totally empty position still has fuel below it covering the pickup.

How much fuel? 5L or like 20L? Just trying to workout the accuracy. From your tank, how many L's from full to 'empty'

It does have a centre baffled area with tubes running to the very front and back in the corners at the bottom, to avoid fuel sloshing around. According to their specs, the 137l is supposed to be the the usable capacity. When i put 100l in last time, the gauge was just above 1/4, so I'd estimate probably around the 10l mark when "empty". I will run this tank down just out of interest to see if I can get near the 137l they reckon is usable...

Dont run your truck out of fuel!

But very interested to hear! I hate filling up, would very much like a bigger tank, as I can see it only helping when towing as I would get significantly more range.

It does have a centre baffled area with tubes running to the very front and back in the corners at the bottom, to avoid fuel sloshing around. According to their specs, the 137l is supposed to be the the usable capacity. When i put 100l in last time, the gauge was just above 1/4, so I'd estimate probably around the 10l mark when "empty". I will run this tank down just out of interest to see if I can get near the 137l they reckon is usable...

Who made your tank what brand?

Dont run your truck out of fuel!

But very interested to hear! I hate filling up, would very much like a bigger tank, as I can see it only helping when towing as I would get significantly more range.
Haha nah, don't worry. I know all about running a diesel out of fuel lol. That's why I have been filling up around 1/4 on the gauge lol, but I'm interested to see what range I get closer to empty.
Who made your tank what brand?
4wd systems in sa. Don't know if they do them for the d23 yet though, mine's only a d22...

Go the Brown Davis, best quality, ie materials and build and also it does not affect what clearance you have underneath.

I have one on order.

Had my tank fitted today.
Had my partner look at the gauge as i filled it up.
Started with the needle half in the red guessing and ruff calculation 17Lt need to be careful think empty will be empty no safety margin.
1/4 43Lt
1/2 65Lt
3/4 105Lt
full 119Lt
The above tigers include the 17Lt starting with.
Hand piece auto shut off at 128Lt plus the 17 already in the tank 145Lt
full without the 17Lt, 102Lt so after the needle hitting full it takes another 26Lt to brim the tank.

Fuel range is only showing 699km see if this changes over the next couple of fills. See if it learns the new size.

Great stuff there. Will be interesting if it adjusts. I doubt it though. At least the gauge works and will work as normal.

Had my tank fitted today.
Had my partner look at the gauge as i filled it up.
Started with the needle half in the red guessing and ruff calculation 17Lt need to be careful think empty will be empty no safety margin.
1/4 43Lt
1/2 65Lt
3/4 105Lt
full 119Lt
The above tigers include the 17Lt starting with.
Hand piece auto shut off at 128Lt plus the 17 already in the tank 145Lt
full without the 17Lt, 102Lt so after the needle hitting full it takes another 26Lt to brim the tank.

Fuel range is only showing 699km see if this changes over the next couple of fills. See if it learns the new size.

How did you go with the fuel gauge? Did it recalibrate or does it just take longer to get through the 700 +- range

Latest posts

Back