The Man In Black

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aido

Reaction score
Went to see Tex Perkins performing as Johnny Cash in the tribute to The Man In Black yesterday.

All I can say is WOW
Go see it even if your not a fan of either.
Without a word of a lie if you closed your eyes you would truly believe JR Cash was there live in person.
Tex has always idolised Cash and you does a magnificent tribute and gives a fantastic narration to Cash's life.
The best part was the performance of Hurt.

As M Meldrum would say "Do yourself a favour and go check it out":rock::rock::rock::rock:
Tickets & Dates | The Man In Black Tickets & Dates | The Johnny Cash Story, Starring Tex Perkins

Just imagine how many pairs of "Depends" are thrown into the mosh pit at one if they did rock it on.

LOL!

Seriously, I don't mind JC, but concerts aren't my thing. I've only ever really been to one live show in my entire life, and that was when Jeff Wayne came to Sydney and did the War Of The Worlds.

I have watched Walk the Line many a time and J Pheonix did a good job.

Reakon Tex did a better job ?

Highway man would be my favourite song. But that was Jonny Cash, Waylon Jenning, Chris Kristophosen and Willie Nelson.

But the Tavelling Willberries I rate higher as a band, even Elvis said that Roy Orbison has the best singing voice ever.

Dave.

I have both Highwaymen albums, great songs. Just need the last one they did before Jennings died :(

I saw it when they were in brisbane, one of the best live shows I have ever seen. I couldn't shut up about it after I went. Tex did a brilliant job. If they came back here I would go again without a doubt.

If any of you old buggers like me love Elvis, then check out Garry Wesley when next out here, everyone who saw him thought he was Elvis's son, absolutely unreal, better than licking coca cola off Christina Applegate, actually thinking about it I would probably mix it with Southern comfort and get her to drink most of it first.:wink:

Latest posts

Back