12/13/14 June 2010 - Superior All Terrain Challenge Rnd 2 - LCMP

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like we will be away that weekend mate, but if those plans fall through I will be there for sure.

Perfect camping weather when its nice and cold, :big_smile:, sit around the fire, have a chat, jump into bed later and keep warm.

:eek::eek: Errr with the missus of course.!

Hoo Roo

Im a maybe at this stage mate, think my Dad is coming up from Vic that weekend now.

Will find out and confirm. Keen as to go.

i will be going up on fri/sat with some friends it will be good to catch up and have a beer and put some faces to names will be a great weekend
thanks goosey

I will be going on Friday or Saturday morning and leaving on Monday.
Never been there before. I am going with some mates who have been there many times.
We plan on camping at "the gums" in the "triangle" north of the creek - so i am told.
Lookin forward to it..

So.... who went and how'd ya go?? I couldn't make it, so in the nicest possible way I HOPE YOU ALL FROZE AND BROKE SHIT!!! Nah seriously though, was it a good trip? Keen to hear reports/stories and see some pics.

I was there - first time to LCMP. Apart from the wankers that decide that every body must love their music at 3.30 in the morning:shoot:, it was a good 3 days.
It was my first time serious off road in the ST Navara. - Lacked ground clearance - both standard side steps were "re positioned" rearward about 100mm - easy repair with a high lift jack - pushed them back into place.
Did not go very extreme as i do not need repair bills at the moment.
Friday night was fukin cold - ice over everything sat morning. Sat and Sun night were not too bad.
It gave me a few more jobs to do on the Nav before the next trip out there. The back tailgate needs to be sealed up to keep the dust out etc.

All up i was very impressed how the stock standard Navara went towing the camper trailed in and out of the site.
Now its clean up time :wash_truck: will post some pics later..

Brett

Attachments

• IMG_0534.JPG
    IMG_0534.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0533.JPG
    IMG_0533.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0531.JPG
    IMG_0531.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Good to hear Brett, its a fantastic place and I'm still itching to get back there. The first time was with Jason and Matt, and talk about fun!.

Thats the only thing with large gatherings on long weekends, the bogans that turn up and think everyone wants to hear their freakin Metallica songs full blast at 3.00 in the morning as you said. We prefer to go on normal weekends and then its nice and quiet.

I love camping in winter, so theres a good chance we will head back there in a few weeks time, (once I get this damn oil leak fixed).

Will confirm though and see if we can meet up and do it again :big_smile:

Hoo Roo

I was there - first time to LCMP. Apart from the wankers that decide that every body must love their music at 3.30 in the morning:shoot:, it was a good 3 days.
Brett

Exactly why I stick away from the "main camping areas", take my own shower along anyways. We've got a good spot near a nice clean creek. Usually just throw the brushcutter in and mow a site into the long grass, no neighbours (the beauty of the camp where you like attitude at LCMP). Its good cos there's a track down the other side of the creek that only the comp truck boys can get all the way along and povides the occasional bit of spectator sport!!

Latest posts

Back