Queens Birthday weekend

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm interested - I have nothing else on. Spell out some plans and see where it goes.

Overnight?

I was thinking a High Country trip leave Friday afternoon, come back Sunday or Monday morning.

Anything further planned?
Snow has fallen this week down to 1400. Still keen on High Country?
I'm in and and Ange has Sat Sun off but not the Monday unless she puts it in 1 month in advance.
If Ange is coming then so are the dogs and that rules us out of NP territory.

Put up your plans Jase and I will work around them, no matter what I will be involved.

Bluff track near Bluff hut,queens birthday last year,cool touring in the snow.
P6080336.jpg

I'd be happy for a place with dogs allowed - would only bring one of my six. They love to camp and travel well.

I was considering Matlock-Walhalla area for QB weekend. Not as far to travel and hopefully not as cold than a full on high country trip. Here's a map of the tracks and roads.

More than enough for some serious low range action!.

Attachments

• matlock.jpg
    matlock.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 60
I was considering Matlock-Walhalla area for QB weekend. Not as far to travel and hopefully not as cold than a full on high country trip. Here's a map of the tracks and roads.

More than enough for some serious low range action!.

You never been to Walhalla in the winter? Most of the winter up there you don't need a freezer to make ice just sitting the cup outside for a few hours is enough. About the only place colder than Walhalla in winter is Sale but that's because of how much personality lives within the township.

You never been to Walhalla in the winter? Most of the winter up there you don't need a freezer to make ice just sitting the cup outside for a few hours is enough. About the only place colder than Walhalla in winter is Sale but that's because of how much personality lives within the township.

Well Walhalla's only 400 odd meters high, compared to 1500m of the Bluff and in 30 mins your sitting in the Rawson pub.

Overnighter Sat / Sun?
Is there a rough route planned yet?
Staying where?
Ridgie your in?
Jase is in
Missus awaiting confirmation on annual leave so she and the hounds are on standby but I'll have a go.

Yep - I am definately in and very keen.
Getting new MTZ's and wheels next week, plus the front bash plate (already have the t/fer case one)
And I may have a mate (Nav driver) who is keen also.
I can do Fri night to Monday - so whatever suits.
My lady isn't interested but she will enjoy having me out of the house for a couple of days.
I think Jase has a rough plan. I'll go anywhere. What about ending up near the Kevington pub? Although Rawson is a stones throw from home.

I'm ging to bump this thread every day then.
Thats three of us in anbody else?
Finer points to be nutted out closer to the date.
Max 6 vehicles? that would be good!
Standard or modified vehicles will do most of it easy.

Latest posts

Back