Frustrated

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DesertHucker

Reaction score
Ordered my new Navara 10 weeks ago.
Its been sitting in a yard in Perth for 8 weeks.
The trade canopy was built and delivered by CSM 2 weeks ago to Perth.
They promised it would be ready to pickup today Friday.

Well the truck was booked and turned up to pick the Nav up and not ready.

They can't get the fuel filler connected is there story and say they have been communicating with CSM and sitting on their hands since Tuesday.

CSM say it is a simple fix and don't know why it is taking so long.

I think something more sinister has happened, damage or something and it is out for repair.
Requested photos but no one will supply them.

That sucks mate, can't trust anyone to be honest with you these days.
I'm very interested in seeing what your setup looks like when you finally get your hands on it

If the car is at the yard, demand to see it. It's your car, they can't refuse! If they make up excuses, tell them you want to cancel the contract to purchase and see if that changes their tune. Dealers are sneaky bastards, if they have done something to damage the ute, catch them out

What yard is it in? I assume by you saying the truck turned up to pick it up that you're not in perth. Maybe someone here can do a drive by and see if it is sitting in a yard not ready still....

If the car is at the yard, demand to see it. It's your car, they can't refuse! If they make up excuses, tell them you want to cancel the contract to purchase and see if that changes their tune. Dealers are sneaky bastards, if they have done something to damage the ute, catch them out

What yard is it in? I assume by you saying the truck turned up to pick it up that you're not in perth. Maybe someone here can do a drive by and see if it is sitting in a yard not ready still....

I would do that but I am in Kalgoorlie the car is in Perth.

The dealer is being great they want it as bad as me, they arranged the business finance for me and have a lot of money tied up in it that hey are paying interest on. Not coming me anything at this stage. I have been working close with the dealer and arranging most of the work as it is a little out of scope.

It is at Jaram in Welshpool having the body put on.

I sent an email last night to Jaram demanding photos of all 4 sides Monday morning.
If i don't get them I am sure something is amiss.

Yeah right. Good luck, hope they get it sorted... pretty average taking that long to have it ready...

Yeah right. Good luck, hope they get it sorted... pretty average taking that long to have it ready...

Jaram had it for 2 weeks and knew the truck was booked for Friday.
Was hoping to have it in Kalgoorlie for the long weekend so i could fit the canopy out.

Update

Got the photos today.
Work body is on minus the trim panels and 1 tool box.
They said Thursday it was complete except the fuel filler.

So the dealer and I agreed we would get it on the truck tonight and finish it in Kalgoorlie between us.
Told Jaram to pack everything up and the truck will be there in an hour.
Only to be told the the trim panels have a fitment issue and are being remade.

Think we pulled their bluff, I am sure they have been damaged and was holding up the install.

Just like to express it is not the dealer, it is the installer Jaram in this case.
The dealer is being really helpful and working together.

Well the Nav is in Kalgoorlie now.
5 minutes looking at it, it was obvious why the rim panels did not fit.
They put the mud flaps between the toolboxes and the mudguards.
The toolbox is suppose to bolt to the mudguard and the mudflap goes on the other side.
10 minute fix and the trim panel is on.

The filler that was giving them so much grief, made a patter went down to the exhaust shop and got a piece of tube bent to the right shape just have to weld the filler cap end on to it fixed.
They been stuffing around for a week on this one item.

Dealer is fitting the tow bar and ARB bull bar.
Will get the filler welded tomorrow night after work. so it can be fitted Thursday morning.
Then over the pits for rego and settlement on Friday.

Leave it to the bush monkeys to get done what the big city could not in their flash Jaram workshop.

CSM have been very apologetic and anything I need they will supply.

This is a tease now
well the NAV has been ready for delivery since Thursday.
Dealer went to weigh it Thursday morning, to find the only public weigh-bridge in Kalgoorlie was closed due to the race round in Kalgoorlie (a Kalgoorlie thing every thing closes and stops race day).
Dealer goes back Friday morning to find they are still closed.
Race round this year a Thursday was a Wednesday previous years, 1 day before a long weekend. The writing is on the wall blow Friday off an have a 5 day weekend.

Now I have my nav in my driveway for a long weekend and can't drive it. no rego.

Thanks to Westland autos letting me have it so i can do some work on it, fit light bar, start the fittout the work pod.

Once it is all together will get some photos.

PS now have a neck and shoulder injury and can't lift nothing.

Gee your having a bad run!
It can only get better hopefully.

I'll be interested to know what the ute weighs in at and also to know if you have uprated the rear springs.
I'm going to be using mine as a work hack shortly and are in two minds as to weather or not I need to get some heavier springs to handle the extra 700 odd kgs I will be carrying?

Got the ARB steel bar on and the dealer put the uprated springs in the front.
Now the front looks higher then the rear.
Ordering Iron Man springs for the rear (if they ever get back to me) and a couple of spacers since all the weight will be kerbside to level it out.

Back