head lamps

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i haven't. i find the light output fine. however plenty of upgrade kits around, HID conversions etc and the all important wiring loom upgrade.

personally i would fit spots. upgrading mains for long range is a bit pointless. dedicated spots will illuminate better.

I have purchased new Phillips Diamond Vision H4 globes for my NAV, make a huge improvement in being brighter and whiter for a fraction of HID costs............ Will be fitting XGT spots also though.

I use IPF Fatboy Globes $100 and three times as good as stock lights , had em on two d40's now and everybody says imy lights are amazing .....dont need to spend a lot of money to do a good job. See what ARB boys are using on their d40s .... tells me the right story.

I use IPF Fatboy Globes $100 and three times as good as stock lights , had em on two d40's now and everybody says imy lights are amazing .....dont need to spend a lot of money to do a good job. See what ARB boys are using on their d40s .... tells me the right story.

one thing i have to ask tho......
how many time do you get flashed at ?

one thing i hate is all the blind #$%er's with super bright HID's that drive everywhere on full beam blinding the @#! out of everyone.

what tends to happen is your bright lights make your pupils contract to lower the amount of light going into your eyes. that makes it near on impossible to see out side of the bright patch of the lights.
there is to much light reflecting off the ground just infront of you. imho your better off with duller head lamps and use spots. the tighter beam of the spots doesn't reflect off the ground just in front of you. that way your pupils stay open and the spots light up what your mains don't.

its more about quailty of light and having it in the right place rather than just produceing huge amounts of light which, while it looks bright, serves limited purpose and blinds the crap out of everyone else on the road.

Gotta say I agree with Tweak'e, dont use higher wattage globe's. Its just asking to melt the headlight loom.

Use better globes of the same wattage and a decent set of spotties and your laughing.

Dave.

prokiwi do these replace the standard globes? Any need for a wiring upgrade?

Yes , standard globe replacement , no wiring required. Can be fitted in 10 minutes. No negative effects to oncoming motorists that ive noticed in 3yrs of using these things on Navara's.

I mostly notice the difference on Highbeam .... far better range , wider spread and sharper.

i'm thinking about putting a hid kit in mine, for hi and low beam's, ill just go 35 watt one's.
and with hid's and xgt's i should be fine.

Latest posts

Back