Solid Red Engine Light

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VCS

Reaction score
Hi all- I've fitted a Donaldson fuel filter 500- 1000km ago and plumbed it in before the factory filter. I don't drive the 550 during the week much but on Friday I did around 45km of highway driving to pick up a cattle trailer. As I drive out of the yard I noticed the engine light flashing erratically so I shut the ute down and started reading the manual. After 5 minutes I restarted and the engine light did the same thing for 10 seconds before fading out to nothing. Today I took some reasonably heavy cattle to market around 50km away and on return just before our driveway the engine light came on solid. The manual suggested draining water from the filter and contacting Nissan if the light stays on after draining. I've drained the factory filter, primed and restarted the ute without any problems but the light remains on- anyone else had this?

Sounds stuiped by triple check all the fuel hoses are on correctly and remove the additional filter. Had a power problem with ranger and the mechanic put the fuel hoses on wrong.

If the engine light is on, there's an error code stored in the ECU. Get a mechanic to read it, or buy yourself a $5 OBD-II ELM327 Bluetooth adapter and grab Torque from the Android app store.

Otherwise, it could be anything and we'll be guessing for ages without any visible symptoms noted.

Latest posts

Back