A question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grumpy

Reaction score
Hi all .the wife and i are thinking of buying a 2007 STX dualcab diesel navara i would like to hear from anyone on here that actualy has one and can tell me what sort of things to look out for ..i have had a number of nissans 4x4,s but older models ..as we are both retiring this car will have to do us for a number of years
thanks in advance
Grumpy

Welcome to the forum, Grumpy.

I've the 2009 model - which is very close. Diesel, auto, and really I think the major difference engine-wise will be that mine has a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) and the 2007 probably doesn't.

I'm as pleased as punch with mine. The manual D40 suffers from clutch failures, mostly because the turbo brings the torque on so strong at 2,000rpm it just rips the inadequate clutch to bits. If you're of a mind to have a smooth ride, with little issues if you decide to tow something, the automatic is definitely the one to get.

Ours is fitted with a canopy - I was going to go with a soft top, because I thought the hard tonneau cover would just be a nightmare to clamber under all the time. I am *so* glad we got the canopy instead.

I can't say I've heard anything specifically bad about the 2007 model. There were some recalls on a few of the models, but by now they should have been sorted.

Hope you find a good one!

Hi Grumpy

I own a 2007 ST-X manual. with over 80 000km. Ive had 2 warrenty jobs, 1 door seals with slight splits due to the navara roof racks. Not a big drama, 2 a sensor attached to transfer case leaked fluid.

AS for towing I've towed plenty of boatsm I've had no problem its all good. I never tow in overdrive (6th gear) and travelled 600km on one trip in 5th but used a little more fuel more fuel than normal driving conditions.

Going off-road I reccommend getting some bash plates, I got them from TJM. Larger diameter tyres and a lift kit the more serious stuff, but of course all depends on what you want to do.
Cheers

TC

Last edited:
Thanks fellas much appreciated ..im getting a bit long in the tooth now for serious off road but still intend doing a little bit . the ute will be used mainly for towing our boat and camping gear
a 2" lift kit and bash plate is a given .both are a must have on any 4x4 .i have never entertaind the idea of an auto in a 4x4,i have always thought ..like sports cars they should be a manual.but you make a good point about the clutch
again thanks heaps
Ken

Latest posts

Back