Snorkel / Upgraded Intake

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonba

Reaction score
Hey guys/gals!

Has anyone fitted an aftermarket or upgraded intake / snorkel on their NP300 truck yet?

If you have, did you notice and difference in performance?

What about difference in induction noise? Can you hear the turbo woosh more?

Mate, there is stuff all for it atm. TJM IIRC are the only ones who have a snorkel available. I think it may take a little longer for aftermarket goodies to arrive :)

I contacted Safari. They only have a proto-type they are testing at the moment.

I just really want to replace that aweful looking factory intake with something that actually can flow more air.

Last edited:
My old d22 used to create big induction noise. Its a combination between induction and engine noise i think.

Got the instructions from TJM and theirs goes down to the front of the ECU

TJM NP300 snorkel s.jpg

It comes through the guard infront of the box between the headlight then does an up and over with the tjm one

Attachments

• 20151124_123900.jpg
    20151124_123900.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 237
Yeah its not the most efficient deaign but i havent had a look at it to see why its like that. Im guessing that the part heading up i molded to the airbox not bolted on.

This is an unedumicated question, the turbos spool up post combustion but force more air into the engine pre combustion, so the cumputer controls air, fuel mixture, does it matter if you have a slightly restricted air flow as it is or would force air induction offer any benefits?

The turbos suck air to force it into the engine so if there is restrictions stoping the air coming in then the turbso cant force the air into the engine

So in the bottom of the airbox there is 3 holes about 4mm diameter. Im thinking of blocking 2 of them off and then the 3rd leave it as a drain for rain coming down the snorkle i was gonna connect it to window washer tube but dont know where to run it so it can drain water and not suck it into the engine

I thought the snorkel head had something to get rid of water...

By the sounds of it, the snorkel doesnt do much for wading depth if there are holes in the bottom of the airbox... :-/

This is an unedumicated question, the turbos spool up post combustion but force more air into the engine pre combustion, so the cumputer controls air, fuel mixture, does it matter if you have a slightly restricted air flow as it is or would force air induction offer any benefits?

No, turbos force air into the engine. The only interaction with the exhaust, is that they are driven by exhaust power. In modern cars turbos have nothing to do with the fuel system at all. It is independant.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbocharger

Any restriction pre-turbo acts like a restrictor. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restrictor_plate

The turbos suck air to force it into the engine so if there is restrictions stoping the air coming in then the turbso cant force the air into the engine

^ This.

Latest posts

Back