D22 V6 Gearbox the same as diesel?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drewyd22

Reaction score
Hi All,

I cant seem to find anything by searching so i thought id ask, are the 4x4 v6 (vg30 or vg33) gearboxes the same as the 4x4 diesel ones? As in are the bell housings the same?

Cheers Drewy

Exact same box.

The bellhousing is different.

The QD32 gearbox has the exact same ratio's as the VG33E. Same diff ratio's to.

Ill post up a diagram of all the ratio's.

Dave.

D22.jpg

Dave.

VG30E ratios are as follows.

Diff ratio is 4.375, same as the ZD30.

Dave.

thanks dave,

would the gearbox out of the 4x4 KA24 be the same but with a different bellhousing aswell?

Na the KA24E/DE run the FS5W71C gearbox, its weaker.

Completely different gearbox.

Dave.

Fs5w715ca46

Hey the 5 speed gearbox in my 1997 D22 4x4 KA24E is buggered and I am chasing another (with very little luck may I add), does this mean that a gearbox from a TD27 is the same as what I have (I assume a different bellhousing?)What else can I use? I would really appreciate your advice. Any advice on where I may find one?

Whats wrong with your gearbox ?

Can't you just get it rebuilt, you will probably need to transfer the guts of the TD27 into the KA24E housing.

As above the ratio's in the 2wd TD27 gearbox are the same as the KA24.

Dave.

Lemme guess, 5th gear shaft bearing issues?

Buy a reconditioned box, rebuilds are too expensive.

I am not exactly sure what is wrong with my current gearbox, it is not the fifth gear shaft bearing issue (which I believe is fairly common in navs, particuarly the early ones). I am led to believe that perhaps there is a chipped tooth on the 2nd gear shaft?, perhaps the front bearing? is gone and/ or there is a problem with the transfer case. Bottom line know one knows what it is but all suggest it is major. With each of the gearbox mechanics that I have taken it to suggest it will cost me at least $1650 (to remove it, see what is wrong with it) plus all parts (Gears Shafts or whatever else is necessary). Not knowing how much it is going to cost me is why I am chasing a reco box, but I am having difficulty tracking one down. CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP?!! Is there anything else that is compatible? A D21 with the same donk? Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ill sell ya my d22 ka24e gearbox when i pull the sucker out. let me know if you are interested.

I am not exactly sure what is wrong with my current gearbox, it is not the fifth gear shaft bearing issue (which I believe is fairly common in navs, particuarly the early ones). I am led to believe that perhaps there is a chipped tooth on the 2nd gear shaft?, perhaps the front bearing? is gone and/ or there is a problem with the transfer case. Bottom line know one knows what it is but all suggest it is major. With each of the gearbox mechanics that I have taken it to suggest it will cost me at least $1650 (to remove it, see what is wrong with it) plus all parts (Gears Shafts or whatever else is necessary). Not knowing how much it is going to cost me is why I am chasing a reco box, but I am having difficulty tracking one down. CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP?!! Is there anything else that is compatible? A D21 with the same donk? Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ill sell ya my d22 ka24e gearbox when i pull the sucker out. let me know if you are interested.

yeah mate am definately interested. Where are you? How much? What condition is it in? Why are you ripping it out? When will you have it out?

Back