3" Body Lift for Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brockbaker

Reaction score
hey boys,

I have been doing some web surfing and found this 3" Body Lift Kit for the D22 and was wondering if anyone has ever looked into this kit or a similar one?

"2001-2004 Nissan Frontier 2wd & 4wd (CREW CAB) - 3" Body Lift Kit"
-> Nissan Frontier Body Lift Kit - 3" Kits by Performance Accessories <-

I have been looking into the 3" suspension and a 2" body for clearance of tyres but this way you could go a 2" suspension and 3" body or if you are really keen a 3" suspension and 3" body for a monster truck lookin navara! :truck:

Can't do more than 2" body lift in QLD without Engineer's Certificate unfortunately.

Please use blocks greater than 50mm in diameter to save me from looking at another 50mm diameter body lift block in Toyota Monthly and cringing at the under-engineering.

Last edited:
thats not a problem as I have the contact number for a engineer, but I was wondering more on the mechanical and electrical side? should everything play and stretch in everything too be able to do the 3" body lift? snake racing sell a steering extension piece so thats covered and I realise that I would have to lift the bullbar but is there anything else I would have to buy apart from the kit?

should it just be a matter of seeking engineering approval and fitting the kit??

You'd have to be concerned about brake lines, ABS cables & perhaps diff breathers as well. These would have to still have some slack at full suspension travel after the lift and should be restrained so that at full compression they can't get snagged by anything.

If there are extended shackles involved, the engineer may refuse to pass it because these are illegal in all states of Australia.

Measure the vehicle before and after, and make some before-and-after pics with the vehicle parked in the same (level) location for comparison too. Don't forget to white out your number plate in the photos.

Fan will hit the radiator cowling, radiator hoses will be to short, gear stick will be too short.
Too much work for the xtra inch IMO

what size tyres do you want to run? Unless you want bigger then 35's theres no need for the extra inch of body lift. Theres no point lifting a 4wd more then what you need, youll only make the performance worse.
Alot more things will need modifying to make a 3" bodylift work.
But each to there own.

thats not a problem as I have the contact number for a engineer, but I was wondering more on the mechanical and electrical side? should everything play and stretch in everything too be able to do the 3" body lift? snake racing sell a steering extension piece so thats covered and I realise that I would have to lift the bullbar but is there anything else I would have to buy apart from the kit?

should it just be a matter of seeking engineering approval and fitting the kit??

Mate 3" bodylift will never be legal in QLD regardless of any engineers report. :stop:
An engineers may state that a 3" bodylift is safe but he can't make it legal:stop:
2" is the max in QLD
Cheers

cheers for the feedback boys.

sounds like it for the best for many reasons just to keep to a 2" body to be able to get some nice rubber under my truck.

I will have to give you a call one day ZORDO to get one of those 2" body lifts off you for my single cab truck mate.

thanks again.

Back