5 inch lift D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coight

Reaction score
hi all,

As the story goes i killed my last navara in a big ass puddle of water.. so awaiting the new one from the insurance company..

But this time i'm doing things a little differantly, 5inch snake racing lift for starters, has any one on here installed the kit and if so any issues?

As far as i can tell the only problem i'm going to have is the legal side of things, but should be fixed with an engeneering cert.

any comments would be good

Wade.

I'm not a lot of help cos I don't know anything about it.
I did see the Mickey Thompson D40 at a trade show recently and it was wearing the calmini kit (I think) and it looked bloody awesome, didn't have that huge rollerskate look the jacked up hiluxes have, just looked bloody good.
Go for it

5" lift would be awesum and yes u will need a eng cert.

snake kit only fits spainish built models. cimply check vin and if it starts with VSK then its spain built

Engineering will get you over the line.

Another one to check out - CAL offroad in Berridale NSW.

If the dollar recovers, your better off buying it direct from Calmini, save at least $1000

Ive got the calmini in mine and love it, the thing i found out was caloffroad are the sole australian importers for them and then sell them to snake, superior engineering, macquarie 4x4 and every one else, i bought mine through cal offroad and got it $150 cheaper, no one else would budge a cent on price

As for spain and thai models most guys have both, not sure whats different in the kit cause mine is a thai built 06 stx

Pretty straight forward to fit, but you do need a hoist, a mate helped me put mine in, took us about 8hrs start to finish and not really rushing

The instructions that come with it are not really straight forward but follow it word for word if you do it and dont skip steps or jump ahead like we did

the car drives and handles better than a new one, the difference it made was bloody awesome

I just got back home from driving around the mainland, did just over 6000k a week after fitting it, it was brilliant

hope that helps

cheers sean

oh forgot to mention, after nearly 3 months im still waiting for calmni in the states to reply to my email with a invoice so i could buy it direct, i managed to get a shipping price out of them, told them i wanted it and to send me the invoice and what type of payment method they wanted and im still waiting!!!!!

i now want some of there top arms but im too damn scared to order through them incase i never get them

Im going to ask cal offroad if they can source them for me

I

As for spain and thai models most guys have both, not sure whats different in the kit cause mine is a thai built 06 stx

How did you get an 06 Thai build? A private import? The first Thai D40 trucks in Australia were the Kingcabs late 08. The only other Thai built trucks that I know of where sold as Frontiers. Can you give us the VIN for future reference.

How did you get an 06 Thai build? A private import? The first Thai D40 trucks in Australia were the Kingcabs late 08. The only other Thai built trucks that I know of where sold as Frontiers. Can you give us the VIN for future reference.

yep thats correct. 06/07 were all spain VSK built.

But this time i'm doing things a little differantly, 5inch snake racing lift for starters, has any one on here installed the kit and if so any issues?

As far as i can tell the only problem i'm going to have is the legal side of things, but should be fixed with an engeneering cert.

Wade

Have a look at this thread... Navara 5in lift - Australian 4WD Action Online Forums - the 4WD, 4x4 and offroad truck community. Get the latest tips, news, reviews, images and video clips.

B.H.

Nope, just your every day aussie model, ive only had it about 2 mths and when i got it and started looking around for parts rang the local dealership and talked to the parts guys, gave them the vin and they told me it was a thai built

Main reason i needed to know was it had the factory alloy bullbar and i just wanted a bumper until i could get a steel bar and needed to know what fitted

Ended up finding a car yard with a nav the same colour ( 07 model) , rang them and asked them if they would swap the bars as theres was stock, they said yes, so back on the phone to the dealership to check that one and they said it was thai too

ill grab the vin soon and post it up

Out of curiosity how do you tell??

cheers sean

Nope, just your every day aussie model, ive only had it about 2 mths and when i got it and started looking around for parts rang the local dealership and talked to the parts guys, gave them the vin and they told me it was a thai built

Main reason i needed to know was it had the factory alloy bullbar and i just wanted a bumper until i could get a steel bar and needed to know what fitted

Ended up finding a car yard with a nav the same colour ( 07 model) , rang them and asked them if they would swap the bars as theres was stock, they said yes, so back on the phone to the dealership to check that one and they said it was thai too

ill grab the vin soon and post it up

Out of curiosity how do you tell??

cheers sean

If VIN starts with VSKxxxxxxxxxxxx its SPAIN built

Hmmm interesting, it starts with vsk yet the parts manager said its def a thai built, might have to ask him again and check

cheers guys

Thai built start with MN.

tell the parts manager to LEARN his sh*& ;-) otherwise its going to cost you $$$ and all he will say is "woops sorry"

Thai built start with MN.

tell the parts manager to LEARN his sh*& ;-) otherwise its going to cost you $$$ and all he will say is "woops sorry"

MMMM Will do, thanks for that nismo, interesting thing this, i actually got told the other day buy a guy down here who just bought one as well and he was looking at mine at the calmini kit as he wants it too and he said you can tell where they are made buy the last 3 digits of the vin, maybe he was just getting it confused

cheers sean

Can any one tell me if i can get a 4-5inch calmini kit legal in QLD? is it just a matter of a mod plate?

QLD: engineers certificate and your away.

You guy's are spoilt, I can't get 55mm lift passed without a lane change test in Vic!

Also I thought you QLD guy's could only run 265/70 tyres? That's gong to look pretty stupid with 5" of lift?????

You guy's are spoilt, I can't get 55mm lift passed without a lane change test in Vic!

Also I thought you QLD guy's could only run 265/70 tyres? That's gong to look pretty stupid with 5" of lift?????

265/70 in QLD is correct. iv seen black d40 with 5" lift lift 265/75..still looked ok... 305 would look very nice

Latest posts

Back