Child restraints????

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bambi92

Reaction score
Hi all.
Needing some help my partner has the np300 and I'm just wondering if anyone knows if they came out with anchor points or not? If so where are they?
If they didn't and we need to get them installed I'm amusing that would cost a lot to do, I've never had to do it before every other car has already had them who installs them in western Sydney if anyone knows?

Sorry for the questions
Any info on it is much appreciated
Thank you in advance

G'Day Bambi92
I have just received a Recall on the ACCC recall site for the NP300 child restraints.
The current anchor points are 3 loops, 1 for the left, middle and right seats. To be honest, they are absolutely stupid in their design and was far from impressed when I saw these.
Before the car was released onto the market, they had to get them fixed up as they didn't pass engineer testing.
Looks as though they have failed again and a recall has been done. They say in extreme circumstances of a head on crash, the anchor loops might not hold the child seat and the recommendation is to avoid carrying children who require child seats until the loops have been fixed.
Copy of the recall is below:

The problem with standard anchor points is they need to be attached to a structural piece that can hold the weight of a seat + child in the advent of a crash. The problem here is the seat back doesn't move so the anchor point needs to be up high for accessibility and I'm not sure if there is any structural beam across the top back of the cab.

Dont mean to shock you with this, but better off being informed than moving forward unaware.

Nissan Motor Co. (Australia) Pty Ltd—Nissan D23 Navara
PRA number: 2015/14984
Date published: 23rd October 2015
Product information
Product description
Nissan NP300 Navara Dual Cab built June 2015 (model code D23)
Identifying features
Campaign number: RT019
Number of vehicles potentially affected: 2
What are the defects?
The child restraint system (CRS) top tethers may fail in extreme loading scenarios.
What are the hazards?
If the vehicle is in an accident, the child restraint system (CRS) may fail, increasing the risk of injury to the vehicle occupants in the event of a frontal collision.
Where the product was sold

Nationally

Traders who sold this product
Authorized Nissan dealers
Supplier
Nissan Motor Co. (Australia) Pty Ltd
Supplier's web site
http://nissan.com.au
What should consumers do?
Owners of vehicles within the affected VIN range will be advised to contact their Nissan dealer to arrange for the child restraint system (CRS) top tethers to be replaced. Until such time as the vehicle is presented to a dealership, a child seat(s) should not be installed in an affected vehicle.

I really dont understand why ISOFIX wasnt used....
I think what's more worrying is the fact that the current ones failed testing. ... obviously trying to save a few bucks on every one built, but makes you wonder what else they have taken shortcuts with....

I really dont understand why ISOFIX wasnt used....

It always comes down to a cost thing. Isofix is not very popular in Aus cars as the seats themselves aren't huge here. I suppose its the chicken or the egg scenario.

Another thing is I think they should have spent more time on tuning the auto transmission to the engine but that argument is for another day.

Thank you for that Cessa. I'll let my partner know about it. The restraints are a stupid design. I also don't understand why they didn't use isofix in them.
Hopefully it can be sorted out I don't want to be putting my son in danger because they didn't get it right for the 2nd time.

Latest posts

Back