Bullbar/Foglights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justdrinkbeer

Reaction score
Just ordered an ARB sahara bar, was just wondering if it was worth getting the foglights to go with it.
I remember reading once upon a time that the wiring is already there and that you just plug em in & plug a new indicator stalk in and hey presto the foggies work.
If anyone definitively knows, please pipe up as I won't bother if there is too much work and $$$ involved

I didn't worry about it when I got mine. I think it's illegal to drive with them on anyway isn't it? I know my mate got booked a few years ago in his suzuki swift. (Thats in QLD anyway)

It's illegal in ALL states and territories to use fog lights in conditions where there's no fog...although the exact legal wording escapes me at the moment.

I can't recall the exact pricing, but I think the new style ARB fog lights are about 70 or 80 bucks each. The indicator stalk with the fog light switch in it.....not sure.

There's a not-so-active campaign at the moment in NSW (and saw mention of it in Vic too at Christmas when we were there) about using fog lights only when it's appropriate.

We've done a bit of forest trail driving in fog recently and could probably have benefited from fog lights. I don't mean the small white lights mounted low on the front scoop aimed at oncoming drivers to deliberately piss them off, I am talking about the yellow lights designed to pierce the fog and actually let you see.

As someone who used to spend most of his working shift in fog (we actually produce the fog and ship it all over the world in this part of the country) I can tell you that no "Fog" lights will be completely effective. Fog lights wont penetrate through the fog and you wont see any further just because you have them on. It is however essential that if you are using lights in anything other than a misty fog they be a colour different to white as white is just reflected off the fog back into your face.

Using yellow or green light will cut down on the glare coming back and therefore make you think you are seeing further but the distance gained in minimal. Fog lights need to be mounted as low as possible and need to be low wattage so that no matter what colour they are the light isn't just reflecting off the fog.

Size and shape really does not make a difference and in a decent fog there are times where small bullbar type lights can be even more effective than 180mm or bigger because the bigger the light the more light there is to reflect back at the driver. The best you can really hope for with any sort of fog light is that they alert drivers coming towards you that you are there.

As others have said in this state it's also illegal to drive with them on when they aren't needed however I believe the wording most coppers around here use is "adverse weather conditions" not just foggy conditions.

I just ordered a pair for my bar at approx $220 including wiring. I realise the legal implications of using them but think the bar looks a bit dull without them. Mine will be used for mostly gravel roads (in areas away from our friends in blue) and off roading. To my knowledge they aren't plug'n'play as suggested. I might have them by Thursday and will update if I remember. PM me if I forget :big_smile:

The wiring is in place all you need to do is to swap over the stalk (I know it works I've done it) and pull the wiring down from behind the blanks in the bumper.

I'll be fitting fogs when i fit my Deluxe bar,
1-because i think they definitely add to the look of the bar.
2-because my Titanium came out with factory fog lights & its only an extra $70 to have them fitted.

I didn't know it was illegal to drive around with them on.

Has anyone purchased the indicator stalk with the foglight switch?

If so, what was the price?

Thanks Rescue, perhaps all I am getting with my kit is the indicator stalk? Hopefully it will be in store when I return to Perth. So is the wiring already run through the firewall as a standard installation practice for the bull bar? That woul dmake it HEAPS easier.

No ARB will install a separate switch relays and run wiring (usually not very well) to hook it all up. I pointed out to the ARM store that did my bar that all they needed to do was to connect up to the cable that was already there and I'd have the replacement stalk installed for them (10 minute job)

i ordered a deluxe arb sahara bar yesterday. no fog lights though, can always fit em later i guess. im getting someone other than arb to fit it though. a little more at my local, but they def take alot more care with stuff.

definitely go for them. i got them in my deluxe bar about $330 i think. pretty sure all the wiring is there all they did was replace my light stalk so you can turn ya headlights on/off with or with out fog lights. the new light stalk is identical to the old 1 just another application added.

they definitely add to the look of the bar too.

they were geniune stamped arb items. you wouldn't expect anything less for the price.

they're a bit exxy but if ya forking out for a bar you may aswell spend the extra and get what you really want. nothing worse than shoppers remource..

Attachments

• bull bar.jpg
    bull bar.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
The ARB shop told me they were a custom light size, probably pushing a sale but I'm lazy by nature and pay day is on Friday. Woo hoo!

yeah, i agree they look heaps better 2, its costing me abt $2600 fitted, meaning i have spent about 9k on it in the last month, i need to slow down a bit for a while, it is tempting though ... only money and a tax write off i guess! ...i'll have a cpl of weeks to decide

so does anyone know how much the fog light capable indicator stalk costs from the stealership? Or even better a part no or description that the morons will be able to look up?

When I find the box or the invoice I'll post the part number and cost all I can remember was every Sydney dealer apart from NMG at Penrith were the same price. NMG had 1 in stock but were $100 more so I waited a day for Lander to get 1 in for me...

OK the part number is NI-25541-EC40B SWITCH ASSY-TURN SIGNAL and mine cost $134-62 last October.

Latest posts

Back