Insurance costs?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kickars2

Reaction score
Hey guys.
Who are you insured with?and what price?

I used to be with youi on my patrol and they priced me $109 per month. Which was a big shock when Allianz quote was like $700 per year.

Be aware that there all for 'the trickery'
It's all good and we'll to be insured for less each year but when something happens, is the excess the same?
Do you get a day in who repairs your vehicle? Do you get a hire car for free or is it $100 daily?
If your Mrs prangs it, is she covered?
What abouts not standard mods or driving off road?
The list could go on, ask every question possible before paying $700 and thinking your 'covered'

Well is looked on racq website its like 87 per month for a stx but on the phone a st is 95 a month.
****s me how the lower spec model is dearer

Racv, 1065 per year with 300 excess for agreed value of 54k on the stx.

Youi wanted 2242 per year for the same with a 400 excess. I lol'd.

2011 ST d40
I am 25 I pay $850 a year agreed value of 43k with all accessories listed.
500 excess
They will send it where I like for repairs, and even have it moved to someone else if they are not doing a good enough job.
Covered anywhere in Oz on or off road.
Once year broker fee of 60

Dga Insurance brokers

Last edited:
I got alianz. 77 per month with windscreen option and 14 day hire car and 3 year new for old replacement

Doing a few quotes online today. Non of them will go over $14,800 for agreed value. What twats. Budget wont insurer you if you have any performance mods ��. Shannons with all mods listed valued my car at $20,000. Thats paying $200 more a year then who im currently insured with 'cgu' but the will only insure it for $11,000

Sorry to burst this bubble but comparing insurance rates is only good as a very rough guide. As per Mannings statement but also it varies greatly on when you get a quote form the insurers and also where you live as some suburbs have a bad insurance rating while others are better. Same car, same driver, different locations can drastically increase the cost of insurance.
Another example is sometimes a cheaper model might be more expensive to insure than the top of the range more expensive model due to less people claiming insurance on the top end model.
There are so many factors that it's simply too hard to say that this person is getting this rate, why cant I.
Best thing is to get as many quotes as you can with the same conditions such as excess, agreed value or market, see if they cover off gazetted road conditions and then seeing which is the cheapest then going back to all the others again and asking if they can beat it. A lot of leg work but can literally save you hundreds. It's worth the time.

Bingle Insurance [ partner of Suncorp ] $38 per month and my d22 has repacement value of $29,000. $600 excess.

My 11/2011 D22, with NRMA is $80 Per Month with a agreed value of $16,200 without assessories.

Think I may have to give DGA Insurance Brokers a look.

Allianz platinum $1000 a year. Agreed value of 56k I believe which covers the extras and gap cover because well, new car syndrome!

Back