D22 Front lokka $520 delivered.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

180%JOE

Reaction score
4WD systems has the front lokka for $520 delivered at the moment :dance3:. I bought one the other day and it was delivered straight away. Not sure how many they have and how long this price is for? I saw an ad in 4WD action for the lokka at $499. Just a heads up for anyone thinking of getting one as this price is the cheapest I've seen it usually $699.

I just called Tom from 4wd systems and the deal is till the end of May. Pretty good deal that's for sure. Can't wait to get my order in!

Hi Fella's

I will hopefully put a front locka in my navara when the warranty runs out.July 2011. Plus a rear locka too.Nissan have known to play hardball if you do mods to your vehicle and then you have drama's

Shane

Hey joe
Could you put up your own review of the lokka once it is installed? I am interested to know how they go for diy fitting, what your opinion is in the way it affects handling, why you have decided to install it, effect to turning circle, nvh, etc etc.
Personally I cant see any advantage of fitting one other than to add it to the list of add on's - but that's in my own opinion so I am interested to get your take on it.

Hi Fella's

Nissan have known to play hardball if you do mods to your vehicle and then you have drama's

Shane

Yes apparently a dancing Elvis on the dash will cause all sorts of dramas to the way it handles - they haven't yet used that excuse on me yet but I'm sure it's in the arsenal.

Hey joe
Could you put up your own review of the lokka once it is installed? I am interested to know how they go for diy fitting, what your opinion is in the way it affects handling, why you have decided to install it, effect to turning circle, nvh, etc etc.
Personally I cant see any advantage of fitting one other than to add it to the list of add on's - but that's in my own opinion so I am interested to get your take on it.

Aido I have a lokka's in my old Hilux, Very ordinary in the front,gives you the turning circle of the Bismark. no way would I recommend one for a touring style 4WD, even one that's close to being incinerated.

A cheap weekend mud truck then yes!

Yeah but for interest sake I want to see the in's and outs of Joes experience.
Bismark Pfffft. I have to do a three point turn to get off the Westgate onto the Bolte already!

I'll be doing a full DIY article for the install so stay tuned. I'm fitting the lokka because mainly of the cost, I quoted an ARB air locker at $1795 installed and for the measly cost of $520 I thought why not test it out. I've researched other people's opinions of the lokka and read a few reviews and the only negatives so far are; the turning circle is reduced on tight turns, it can lead you off course in some circumstances, some people say they can hear a clicking sound but I feel that they have not installed it correctly to the measurments. There is no real argument for not installing the lokka, from a standard vehicle to one with a lokka the difference will be noticable. While it may not be the best Diff lock to have, it will be better than none at all.

Clicking is normal and correct, if it doesn't then its not fitted properly.
It puts a lot more stress on the diff gears because of the added traction.
Not only the turning circle is effected, but you end up with something similar to torque steer too as it opens and locks it tends to pull quite badly.
Some people disengage one hub when cruising, haven't tried that myself.

Good price.

I understood them to be more suited to the comp scene or regular off road use - not the best for a tourer.

The latest 4WD action mag has a comparo test (settle down lads - I know it is not the bible) and it refers to "Excessive torque steering with every gear change" and "The steering through corners was much heavier". And more importantly for touring on dirt roads - "You may find yourself altering exactly when you do and don"t engage 4WD on faster gravel roads".

They do say it is one of the best DIY installs with good instructions.

Anyway - just some points to consider.

Good luck and I'll look forward to the write up.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back