NP300 due for 1,000km service, impressions so far

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RapidNav

Reaction score
Hey guys, My NP300 ST is coming up for its first 1,000km complimentary service and I just thought I would share my experiences so far. Overall I am extremely happy with the Nav. Build quality is a step above a few of the other utes on the market in terms of panel fitment, interior materials etc. Power delivery and cabin noise are great, factory stereo is fantastic.

As with everything, there is always something you don't like or bothers you in some way. I have three...

1. It has developed a whirring noise from the A/C compressor when its engaged at cruising speed

2. The engine cooling fan roars its head off on take off - tends to happen when the ambient temperature is warmer ( obviously ) but can sometimes seem a little random

3. When cold the auto transmission can almost feel as though it flares between gears

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

The engine fan is annoying.
Don't know why they did not go electric with the eco controlling it, instead of outdated thermo control that runs when you first start until it dissipates its own heat.

Have you guys notice that the window squirter washer is shit and shoots very low

Hey guys, My NP300 ST is coming up for its first 1,000km complimentary service and I just thought I would share my experiences so far. Overall I am extremely happy with the Nav. Build quality is a step above a few of the other utes on the market in terms of panel fitment, interior materials etc. Power delivery and cabin noise are great, factory stereo is fantastic.

As with everything, there is always something you don't like or bothers you in some way. I have three...

1. It has developed a whirring noise from the A/C compressor when its engaged at cruising speed

2. The engine cooling fan roars its head off on take off - tends to happen when the ambient temperature is warmer ( obviously ) but can sometimes seem a little random

3. When cold the auto transmission can almost feel as though it flares between gears

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

I love the sound of the fan roar on start up, for some reason I cannot figure out, but I just like it.

My only gripe with this car is occasionally I notice a cramp in my right leg when doing a lot of stop starting in traffic in the manual, given the accelerators far right location and slightly sporty seat. Otherwise its an awesome car!

About to do my 1k. Issues I am raising are fuel indicator coming on with over 1/4 tank left, washers, alignment. Want to raise the tiny cup holders but that would be taking the piss! Guess have to accept that.

Are you happy with your NP300?

Hi Rapidnav, as I am keen to put my money down on the new NP300, are you still happy with your Nissan or with hindsight, should have bought another brand?I have looked at all the manufacturers but keep coming back to the Nissan even though there are some attributes that are not ideal in its build!
Great to hear your latest thoughts!
Martin

Hi RapidNav
I have just passed the 1,000 Km mark on my4x4 RX Dual cab and am pretty happy with mine. I have not had the noisy fan issue you mention, but I am in Melbourne. Things I don't like are under dampened shock absorbers front and rear, to many turns from lock to lock in the steering and my speedo reads 7.5 kmhs less at 100 kmh(trip meter is within .7% though) as well as the fuel light comes on to early. Also the rear suspension doesn't need much weight in the back to sag.
Otherwise I am very happy with the smooth quiet engine and have found the 7 speed auto excellent, the interior gets the thumbs up from the family and the ride is comfortable for a ute. I got my as a run out deal along with a tow bar and nudge bar for thousands cheaper than the two wheel drive BT 50 I was also looking at
Regards Gcol.

Latest posts

Back