Nissan Dealerships - Have your say.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vombatus

Reaction score
I have just purchased a 2007 D40. It still has 6 months/20k warranty to go. I want to hear your experiences with Nissan dealerships before I get involved with one and take my ride for it's final service. Which ones are good and which are bad. I'm in Melbourne but don't limit yourself as others might like to know also.

Cheers

I bought mine from Kloster Nissan in Newcastle. I can't say enough good about them. Sometimes I get the Nissan speech (example, the speedo variation) but the service manager there is awesome and really does know his stuff AND puts it to use. The sales guy that dealt with me might have forgotten to make a call or two to keep me informed during the wait for my new ride, but he handled everything that we asked for with absolute efficiency.

I bought a D40 new from Westpoint Nissan in Brisbane. They were absolutely hopeless to deal ith during the sales process, and then on it's first service it was returned to me with a dent in the bonnet, probably from a spanner or something like that. When I told them about it and asked for them to fix it when i picked the car up that afternoon, they basically accused me of lying.

I bought my D22 a few months back from Zupps at Beaudesert, only because they gave me the best price. They were friendly and everything went relatively well. As I live in the city, I didn't have any intention of using them for servicing, purely because it's about 1.5hrs drive.... so I use Metro Nissan in Windsor. They have been quite good, they did a good job in dealing with my diff fiasco where the car was off the road for 6 weeks out of it's 3 months life due to a failed rear LSD.

As for Nissan Australia, their customer service is basically non-existent. I have sent several letters to their "customer care" department, with no reply. Which reminds me, it's time for another follow up letter.....

National Capital Motors in Belconnen ACT. Sales team have been awesome to deal with, and I have bought 7 vehicles from this dealership over the years.

Service department is another matter entirely, however I won't enter into a public slanging match.

Suffice to say they won't get my business. Ever.

Oh.....forgot to say....

I am a qualified mechanic. I maintain my vehicle myself as I am one of the few mechanics I trust, maintain all my log books etc. The vehicle is serviced to within an inch of it's life.

The soft tonneau needed replacing due to the cracked plastic issue. The dealership service department tried to tell me that my warranty had been voided because my vehicle had not been serviced by them... Uh huh. It's a non-serviceable item. Anyway, I had some time to spare that day so figured I'll play their silly game and I am quite conversant with how the Trade Practices Act works. So out came my devils horns and let the games commence...

The problem was resolved and my tonneau was replaced. Let's just say that the service department at that dealership came around to my way of thinking.

Regardless, they still won't be getting a cent out of me. They have burnt too many bridges with me.

Last edited:
"Metro Nissan in Windsor. They have been quite good"

Had a one of my work x-trails serviced at Metro a few weeks ago - told me the rear wheel bearings needed replacing - warranty. They replaced the wheel bearings a week later, called me at 4pm on the day to say the bearings were fine and the problem was the rear brakes were causing the noise and needed replacing. WTF IDIOTS

Now t am not a mechanic but wear on brake linings is a very obvious thing to check during a service. Will never go back there.

On a good note Nambour Nissan are brilliant to deal with. My Nav was the 10 new car purchased there.I have had i estimate over 80 services done there - never a problem.
I know you pay more for a dealer service - i am happy to wear that - because when shit happens they sort it out for me NOW. Not tomorrow not next week - NOW.

Bought my '22 from Bayside Nissan, Frankston and the sales bloke David Kane changed my thoughts on car salesman (well for one anyway).
He is a top bloke, even drove a demo from Frankston to central Vic to show me and do the paperwork at my home, never had to go there except to pickup my new toy,
yes their getting my money, but there are ways to sell and there are ways not to get buisness
Many thanks David.

As for service managers and warranties made good by Nissan the story ends now,
as it might bring about legal action from them.:angry:

On the flipside as many know, i love my '22.

I brought mine from Maitland Nissan.

The guy I bought the Nav off was a nice bloke, being 23 at the time.

He was the only salesman that came up to me.

However I despise the service manager and I know of alot of people who think the same.

I would love to see him fail more then anyone.

Absolute c@c$head.

Dave.

I brought my st d40 nav at Lismore Nissan nsw......its only been 3weeks since purchase but i was very happy with the salesman....knew his stuff aswell which was a nice difference(went to some who just read the brochure to me when trying to sell the car).....dint try to push the sale at all...100okm service was easy...dropped wife off at her work...returned nav when they finished and even gave it a wash and shined tyres...very happy:victory:

This thread could get a bit out of hand in regards to slander and legal issues - it has happened to other forums and so I will bight my tongue / keyboard in regards to the abysmal sales and service I received from Blackburn Nissan and state that I have had exceptional service from Melton Nissan / Allan Mance and from Dandenong Nissan service departments. Both service managers have spewed company verbal diarrhoea and towed the corporate line but have done everything within they're power to appease me.
As for Nissan Australia and getting fair and reasonable answers in regards to they're faulty, and as I found last week dangerous product, they are absolute dogshit.
I would never ever buy another new Nissan and have certainly made that abundantly clear in the 2 surveys I received in the mail and the 4 telephone surveys in regards to my customer satisfaction. The Poor girl phoning on behalf of Blackburn Nissan had no idea of what awaited her when she rang to see if I wanted to book my car in for a service as they're records showed that I hadn't been back since purchasing. Funny that.

Aido i know you say you'd never buy another nissan but mate they are all the same. It wouldn't make any difference if it was a Toyota or Mercedes that has a problem.

Berwick Nissan are not bad. Also the Nissan dealer in Broome and Mt Isa were pretty good too.

I disagree....I have only good things to say about Performance Automobiles (Mercedes dealer on Hobart).

While they didn't sell me my Benz, they were great with service support (much better than my selling dealer here in Canberra).

My experiences with the Benz dealer here in Canberra were bad enough to push me to aftermarket servicing for that vehicle. Conversely, the good experiences with the dealership in Hobart will see me back with factory supported dealership again.

Who knows, the local Nissan dealer down there might even be switched on enough to get my dollars :)

Just had first service from Ferntree Gully Nissan, apart from a cruise control that did not work from new and the rear mudflaps falling off after about 100 km was very good, they are currently offering massive deals on auto D40king cabs with minor hail damage like about $9000 off. I was amazed that thier Patrol courtesy car had a dashboard rattle that would wake the dead !not a good advert for a $60,000 vehicle.:suicide: love the free tissues,wheel brush,deodoriser and small bag for all the bits that fall off !:suicide:

The quoted list price according to them for a D40 auto T/Diesel king cab is around $47k on road with tray. they are saying the discount is around $8 to $9 grand depending on 2009 build or 2010

I haven't used them for quite a few years now because I don't live in Melbourne but while I was living there I used to use Gary Rogers dealership on Springy Rd. Brought my first new Nissan at Oakleigh and after being given the run around before I even took delivery I went to Springy Rd for the 1000k bonnet lift and those guys did everything I needed for the car until I moved down here. Never went back to Oakleigh despite living 2 mins drive from there. They may have changed in the last 10 years I'm not sure but they used to be reasonable.

Hi Guys

I have had no problems with Sutherland Nissan.Got the wife's x-trail from there.Both the x-trail and the navara are serviced there.If there is any problems they give you a call before any work is started.Had a few minor drama's with my navara and all was fixed.No problems.

Shane

Well anybody who has been on the X_trail forum (AUSTRALIAN X-TRAIL FORUM ~ Runboard), not sure if you've ventured there shaggy, will know that I think that Nepean Motor Group (Not My Garage) are the greatest bunch of rip off merchants and oxygen thieves this side of Pluto. Although having met the dealer principal I could suggest another line of work for here, I just wouldn't have her doing the rosters when she got there (let me know if this is too subtle). Macarthur Nissan on the other hand have been absolutely great with the Navara.

I will never ever step foot in Westco Motors Cairns again.
From the second after I signed the paperwork for my Nav to the 1000k service I got nothing by crap from them.
Some battles I won
I threatened to fly to Brissie and buy Nav from the dealer there (Who had it on his lot) instead of wait 2-3 weeks for delivery to Cairns. I had it in 3 days.
Some I lost
I Never did get the brakes repaired under warrenty.
It was delivered to the dealership with the tub scratched to holy heck. I was promised a respray by one service manager that never happened before he left the job. The second service manager promised me a rhino liner that was never done as they could never fit in to thier schedule. I settled on $250 off my snorkel and installation. A panel beater friend sprayed the tub for 2 cases of XXXX and the price of the paint.
Service on the one warrenty job I had done was turtle slow
Almost 4 weeks ( I think) to get new cab mount bolts after mine fell out before the 1000k service. And they never once called me to let me know what was going on. I had to call them every other day.
This is the 4th Nissan I have owned (1 Pathfinder and 3 Navaras) so I will always own them. I will just have to travel to find a good dealer next time...
Bill

Berwick Nissan are not bad. Also the Nissan dealer in Broome and Mt Isa were pretty good too.

I bought my wifes X-trail from Berwick nissan 2 years ago. The salesman there looked after me, and i was impressed when i took the car in for its 'free' checkup at 1000 km, and again for its 12 month 10,000 service.

So it was a no brainer to go back to the same salesman and dealership when i wanted my 4wd. He tried to put me in a d22 - but i could not get my legs under the steering wheel. Then put me in a d40 st-x, very nice - but out of my price ragne. 2 days later he called me and said a pair of D40-RX just arrived. I ducked down and took one for a test drive and basically signed the deal right away.

So far, i'm reasonable impressed with the service department. I go in telling them i've been off-road in the D40 - AND TO CHECK EVERYTHING !! Including the air filter, diff (for water) etc and also to do a 5 tyre rotation .... amongst other things.

Nothing i throw at them seems to be a problem. :rock:

Now, i wonder if i can get paid for a glowing report about my local dealer ... probably not.

Back