Air Bag Kits for D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brockbaker

Reaction score
Hey Boys,

I have heard mixed stories about the fitment of Air Bags to utes. Some people I have spoken to dont like them cause they have heard horror stories about users snapping chassis rails when carrying large loads.. Would this just be from incorrect use and not using them to assist the load and instead trying to use them to carry the bulk of the load?

Just that I like the idea of the kits and suspension stuff have them for a good price.

-> https://www.suspensionstuff.com.au/...=1139&osCsid=f2cd481db7df9f6a4d596f71574dcbdc <-

-brocky

Chassis cracking is usually caused by severe overloading & using the airbags to carry all the load.
If you are carring extreme loads you should replace the leaf springs as well as using airbags.
Yhat wat the load is distributed over three points. fixed pin/ airbag/ rear shackle.

PS THAT PRICE IS MORE THAN RETAIL $480 for d22 Boss airbags.
Cheers

mainly from incorrect use. putting large amounts of weight on the back and more importantly putting the weight in the wrong place. ie all right at the back past the wheels rather than in between the front/rear wheels. the leverage effect multiplies the weight, so your 1 ton load acts like 2 ton ! thats a BIG problem with double cabs.

the other problem with leaf springs is that it changes the load points. that can put a lot of the weight onto part of the chassis thats not designed for it.
then people pump up the airbags to compensate for the soft springs and almost all the weight goes onto one spot on the chassis.

with D22's weak springs i would fix the springs first then use airbags as a MINOR height adjustment.

Thanks for the feedback boys.
I thought that it would of been a case of incorrect use of the air bags.
I couldnt see why they would continue to sell a product if it didnt work..

Cheers for the heads up on the airbags Zordo, I will have to consider some airbags when I look at purchasing the lift kit off you for my s/cab when I get back to Brisbane.

people still sell hiclones and other crap don't they ??
they would still sell them even if it broke vehicles in half.

i would be inclined to rig some sort of setup so people couldn't pump them up to much. (cheap regulator?) otherwise someone borrows your wheels and puts 100psi in the bags and bashes the crap out of it at high speed on corrugated roads !

Latest posts

Back