Oil Change

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DesertHucker

Reaction score
Well woke up thought 11,000km on the nav now.
Do a intermediate service oil change manual says 20,00km. (dealer wants $700 for a 10k service bugger that they can do a logbook 20k service)

Crawl underneath with a set of spanners and sockets to find no not a bolt head or Alan key or torx but a square drive, only set of tools I don't have.

So wait 2 hours for the tool shop to open.
Seems like every time I buy a new car I need new tools.

Drop the oil no big deal but it does come out fast nearly overflowed my recovery tin could not drain inside itself fast enough.
Flushed it with some 5w30 full syn oil I had laying around.

Filling is via the timing chain cover not the usual top of the rocker cover.
It is a little slow but thanks to some thought from Nissan there is a catchment ring around the filler.
Used Penrite ENVIRO+ 5W-30 (Full Synthetic) http://www.penriteoil.com.au/products.php?id_categ=1&id_brand=2&id_products=12
See how this goes.

Yes, read the fine print price may very between dealers.
My dealer is $700
Next closes dealer from Kalgoorlie is in Perth is 550km away.
May have the 20k service with a trip to Perth.

Had my old girl fully serviced a few weeks back at the 10K mark. $756 and not at a nissan dealer.
All oils and filters changed except for the air filter which was fairly new.
Full mechanical and electrics check.
A few new plug washers about $2
They even checked the tyre pressures.
And a full report on some minor things that need to be fixed.
I thought $756 was bit rich but seems good value seeing the old gal runs just fine.
JMO

for all the oils not bad,
But for the first service only thing needs changing is the oil and filter.
Air filter is still fine.
For 20mjn to change the oil and 1 hour to check her over.
Parts cost to them under a $100 cost me $85 oil and $2o for a filter. so near on $600 for labour.

the D-22 10k service is approx $260, this includes engine oil / filter and several other checks including 4 wheel rotation. the most expensive service is the 40k which is approx $750 or so. i feel $700 for a 10 k minor service is abit steep for the D-40,s

What I should have said was, it's 10K since the last service done at 423,000K
the old girl actually has 433,500K on the clock.

Well woke up thought 11,000km on the nav now.
Do a intermediate service oil change manual says 20,00km. (dealer wants $700 for a 10k service bugger that they can do a logbook 20k service)

Crawl underneath with a set of spanners and sockets to find no not a bolt head or Alan key or torx but a square drive, only set of tools I don't have.

So wait 2 hours for the tool shop to open.
Seems like every time I buy a new car I need new tools.

Drop the oil no big deal but it does come out fast nearly overflowed my recovery tin could not drain inside itself fast enough.
Flushed it with some 5w30 full syn oil I had laying around.

Filling is via the timing chain cover not the usual top of the rocker cover.
It is a little slow but thanks to some thought from Nissan there is a catchment ring around the filler.
Used Penrite ENVIRO+ 5W-30 (Full Synthetic) http://www.penriteoil.com.au/products.php?id_categ=1&id_brand=2&id_products=12
See how this goes.

Wasn't the square drive for the drain plug just the 1/2" ratchet? Pretty sure all the drain plugs use that.

the D-22 10k service is approx $260, this includes engine oil / filter and several other checks including 4 wheel rotation. the most expensive service is the 40k which is approx $750 or so. i feel $700 for a 10 k minor service is abit steep for the D-40,s

My first 10k service on the '40 nissan asked if i wanted my tyres rotated - silly me said "yeah, if it's no trouble, why not" thinking it would just be a courtesy thing while up on the hoist. Service manager came out with a $120 price to do so. I couldnt stand up i was laughing so hard.
Also on the 40k they wanted closer to $1400 than not. Another loss to Nissan!

thats more of a rip off than a wax job on ya knackers.
Im just under 5,000kms and I'm thinking I may just service it myself and to hell with the logbook.
The money I save may outweigh the benefits.
I'm glad I didn't buy the extended warranty!

Latest posts

Back