Overhead around vehicle display

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPMC

Reaction score
So the overhead around vehicle display uses the same head unit as comes standard on the STX so if it's something you want, it might be possible to get an upgrade.

Rear view camara, split screen, right is normal reverse view and left is a snapshot of all four before you start.

430A7DBB-8B56-416A-B410-9B7ED3EC1A98_zpszayamwbt.jpg

And a press of a button the left changes to live view of near side (so may need to add a camera to the outside mirror too)

D2613BFA-8238-4197-AFF3-8B4D7EB3EDFD_zpsh3ehdncm.jpg

Last edited:
That would be a winning feature in Aus if it was available. 1 bad thing about this ute is the lack of visibility especially at the rear.

Cant understand Nissan.
All the features I wanted, to get me out of my JGC Overland. That was not available and the dealer said Nissan would not include these on a ute.
Well suppose that is true in Australia.
Collision avoidance.
Adaptive cruse controll
Blind spot monitoring
surround vision.

Europe can have it why can't we.

Cant understand Nissan.
All the features I wanted, to get me out of my JGC Overland. That was not available and the dealer said Nissan would not include these on a ute.
Collision avoidance.
Adaptive cruse controll
Blind spot monitoring
surround vision.

Price.
They probably think by including all of this that the ute will become to expensive but by mass producing it should not effect the overall price that much.
The new hilux for the top spec SR5 over here in NZ retails for nearly NZ$75k and they still have less extras than a STX yet people are still buying them.

The other thing in Europe is you can get a run of the mill off the yard ute like down here or you can order different options and then wait for it to come in from Thailand (a bit like ordering a real truck, buy standard or get it ex factory to you spec's)

Last edited:
The new Y62 patrols run this unit in the dash. The grandparents have the overhead/ 360 view of the car and use it extensively while parking etc. If these were available for the Nav's I'd be keen

Cant understand Nissan.
Collision avoidance.
Adaptive cruse controll
Blind spot monitoring
surround vision.

I hear you, I got rid of my JGC summit and bought this. The standard features in the JGC was that far ahead of its time. I was completely sold on it and still think it's the best car with the most features. What let it down was it's reliability which is why it had to go. Love the ute but with this technology already out there, why restrict it?????????

All I can think of is they release a new vehicle, people buy it because its new, to make people buy future minor releases, they start including features like 360 degree parking, digital speed readout, better tuned engine management system and upgraded exhaust for more power, adaptive cruise control etc etc. I would even upgrade my ute for these features. Works for Microsoft, Apple and Samsung.

I hear you, I got rid of my JGC summit and bought this. The standard features in the JGC was that far ahead of its time. I was completely sold on it and still think it's the best car with the most features. What let it down was it's reliability which is why it had to go. Love the ute but with this technology already out there, why restrict it?????????

All I can think of is they release a new vehicle, people buy it because its new, to make people buy future minor releases, they start including features like 360 degree parking, digital speed readout, better tuned engine management system and upgraded exhaust for more power, adaptive cruise control etc etc. I would even upgrade my ute for these features. Works for Microsoft, Apple and Samsung.

It is new to Europe why give them all the features straight up.

I got one of the first WK2 overlands in AUS yes the electronics let it down 3 power modules in mine and leaking air suspention. But loved the way it drove and handled.

It is new to Europe why give them all the features straight up.

I got one of the first WK2 overlands in AUS yes the electronics let it down 3 power modules in mine and leaking air suspention. But loved the way it drove and handled.

Has to be down to marketing strategies which are obviously past my intellect and everyone else's.

:sorry3:
Without hijacking this thread too much, the power and torque of the 3lt diesel and the zf transmission were phenomenal and light years ahead of the d23 sorry to say but i had many little issue in such a short period of time even down to blown fuses in the air bag suspension and jeep refused to find the reason why, short term loss financially and hopefully long term gain with the d23.

Latest posts

Back