bluespark automotive CHIP

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DesertHucker

Reaction score
Fitted one of these tonight http://www.bluesparkautomotive.com/carspecs2?carid=6705 Rail pressure and Turbo boost.
Took less than an hour to install less fussing around would have been faster.
It also comes with a bridge plug, so you can unplug the box use the bridge plug and every thing runs stock.

And these units come with sealed connectors. the one on the box even has electrical grease inside the connector to stop corrosion. Not like the DB15 computer plug on the Willall tuner box that I am positive will give trouble down the road. Rail pressure only.

Done a couple of test to see the difference same road same conditions used reference points to start timing. first tee 4 gear 60-80km/h second 60-135km/h in 4th gear 4500rpm
I have the Willall 3" cat-back exhaust.

Stock 60-80 7sec
chip 60-80 5sec

stock 60-135 27sec
chip 60-135 18sec

Fuel on the hwy can't really say just yet looked the same.
Around town though looks like it could be heaps better then before.
Will take a couple of tanks to find out.

small contents pro+boost.jpg

Last edited:
it claims to give almost 40BHP somehow, and in the same time it claims to lower your EGTs and not stressing with turbo-fuel pump but in the same time increase boost and fuel injected? and also claims 100 Nm torque increase? sounds like an ebay box made in the middle east to be honest mate. you cant have everything it claims to give you. also the price is extemely low for a proper box (when we had to install a DTE german turning box on our d40 was around £1,000) , hope it works out for you!

it claims to give almost 40BHP somehow, and in the same time it claims to lower your EGTs and not stressing with turbo-fuel pump but in the same time increase boost and fuel injected? and also claims 100 Nm torque increase? sounds like an ebay box made in the middle east to be honest mate. you cant have everything it claims to give you. also the price is extemely low for a proper box (when we had to install a DTE german turning box on our d40 was around £1,000) , hope it works out for you!

Have a look at the before and after figures. I repeated the test 4 times on each.
The Willall product claims similar figures. Both are meant to be reputable companies. Bluespark ave had these out for the NP300 engine for 2 years now.

Hi DesertHucker - How many KM's have you done.

A mate who drives a NP300 like me, said at around 4000KM's the engine sets and you notice the engine perform better and more fuel efficient and have more go.

So interested if you have done over 4,000km's yet.

That's when I'll get my chip and exhaust installed.

Cheers

PS - Thanks for the heads up on this unit - awesome someone has found one that works!

Hi DesertHucker - How many KM's have you done.

A mate who drives a NP300 like me, said at around 4000KM's the engine sets and you notice the engine perform better and more fuel efficient and have more go.

So interested if you have done over 4,000km's yet.

That's when I'll get my chip and exhaust installed.

Cheers

PS - Thanks for the heads up on this unit - awesome someone has found one that works!
15,600km

NP300 fuel2801.jpg

Last edited:
I am too, Kickars2, which one would you go?
The Bluespark Pro with Boost control?

Yeah id go the boost control i think youd be mad not to go for the boost control

image.jpg
6th 3000rpm flat to the floor

Edit
Thinking about this since the chip tricks the ECU into thinking the pressure is lower this reading would be lower then it actually is.
The gauge i have reads through the OBD port and sees what the ECU sees.

Last edited:
Thats 36.98 psi according to google converter. I think stock is 22.8 psi.

Ill go for a drive at lunch and see if i can get a max reading since the exhaust has been done

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-30-12-53-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-11-30-12-53-24.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 101
Did some more reading and 255 is actually between 22 and 23 psi. So your ecu doesnt see the difference in boost

Bluespark chip fitted (last week) and Dyno tested today.
3 runs each 3 times so 9 runs all up.

First stock no chip. Blue
Second as chip came out of the box. Pink
Third chip set to maximum setting. Red

The second run Pink out of the box setting gave more power and torque down low until 2800rpm and the same for power at 2600rpm.

22ftlb torque gain and 22hp gain from stock to chipped at max setting.

I do like driving the ute with the chip on the out of box settings, feels smoother power delivery, and besides who drives a diesel to 3900rpm around the streets.
Notice the dip between 2900-3200rpm, we suspect it may the changeover from small to big turbo.
I am sure a proper ECU tuner could tune this out, need to wait for someone to crack the code.

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

Did some more reading and 255 is actually between 22 and 23 psi. So your ecu doesnt see the difference in boost
Yes correct.
the 3 different dyno runs today reflected that all three the boost was identical.
Only way to get a true reading would be to tap into the manifold somewhere and hook up an external gauge.

I ve been told when selecting an ECU don't just get one that increases fuel line pressure.. I've been told my several in the know that doing this will cause damage to your injectors over time.

Steinbaure (expensive) and SW-Diesel don't increase fuel pressure.. there might be others.. DP Chip I'm told does.. just research them first.

I ve been told when selecting an ECU don't just get one that increases fuel line pressure.. I've been told my several in the know that doing this will cause damage to your injectors over time.

Steinbaure (expensive) and SW-Diesel don't increase fuel pressure.. there might be others.. DP Chip I'm told does.. just research them first.
None for a np300 d23.
Going by the connections on the modules for the other Navaras looks the same as the Bluespark so would be doing the same thing. Rail pressure and turbo boost.
To do anything else it would have to be a piggy back to the ECU intercept the engine control.

Hey desert.

Can you do a 0 to 100 before and after comparison please. I just read some stuff online about a chip thats 1 second quick 0 to 100 and that doesnt seem like much to me

Desert have a read of that thread i put up about the nz tuning company. They reckon with these motors the afr should be kept around the 20 mark.

Latest posts

Back