Upgrades and Enhancements

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b4badger

Reaction score
Got my new exhaust.:rock:

Well I've been to Cybox at Bromborough on the Wirral UK (only 150 miles, but was over a 3 hour nightmare journey at silly o'clock in the morning), for them to fabricate and fit my new exhaust. After talking to Jerry at Cybox, I decided on a very neat, simple replacement of the original. It's a DPF back, single Vortex Ecoflo can (http://www.vortexexhausttechnology.com/ecoflo/WPC-index.html), 2.5 inch pipework and standard looking polished slash cut, turn down end. After doing a bit of research, I realised that to keep the MOT man happy, the DPF had to stay. Not great, but I can't be doing with problems and an MOT failure for not having one, is a problem I can do without. This means that as far as enhancing the V6 burble is concerned, it hasn't really happened. There is a bit more noise, but as you may all know, you could do away with the exhaust from the DPF all together and it would still whisper.

However that's where the disappointments stop. The trip back was eventful, but wow what a difference. I didn't realise just how much the standard exhaust strangled the V6 engine. It's far more responsive now, I've always enjoyed the way it picked up and went, but now I'm not burying the pedal into the carpet. Like many others I don't believe everything the fuel computer tells me, but as a direct comparison there and back, it said that the economy had improved by 2mpg and I was enjoying the extra performance I think when the novelty wears off (that's of course if it does) the potential for fuel savings will definitely be there for the taking.

I'm no David Bailey, but I've attached some pics, so go easy on me.

Jerry was as good as his word and had the job turned around by about 3pm. They cut off and used the original flange, as you can see in the picture, but everything else is new. It's all done with nice neat mandrel bends and the only joint is just in front of the back axle, everything else is welded. All in all a very happy Nav owner:happy_smile:

Attachments

• Original flange.jpg
    Original flange.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 190
  • Vortex Ecoflo can.jpg
    Vortex Ecoflo can.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 175
  • Mandrel bends.jpg
    Mandrel bends.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 177
  • Exhaust route.jpg
    Exhaust route.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 176
Real shame your unable to do the full system cause the biggest restriction is that standard dump pipe. I measured the inside diameter of the standard one that came off mine and is only 50mm. Exhaust and remap made massive difference.

Latest posts

Back