top mount intercooler question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savage1970

Reaction score
has anyone tried putting on the top mount intercooler from a patrol zd30 onto a d22 navara? been thinking about it and can get all the gear for $750. im more interested in bonnet clearances. i would be using the patrol manifold, rocker cover, heater pipes intercooler and brackets ect. and adapting the patrol scoop to the bonnet. i want to do a few trips up north west w.a. and into n.t. so i thought the cooler might help with the hotter weather id encounter up there.

cheers dave, the top mount one looks the goods. was thinking of front mount but previous experience with road cars leads me to the top mount one.

Do you know if the above top mount would fit on a 2.5 D22? I'm throwing up the idea of putting on a much bigger top mount or doing a front mount water to air cooler. If it would fit with the 2" body lift that wouldn't worry me :big_smile:

Id say it would fit, the YD25DDTI CRD has more space under the bonnet then the ZD30DDT.

Id say you would have to mod things though.

Just get a better core that is the same dimensions as the factory fitted intercooler.

Dave.

Dave.

so has anybody done this yet. use a top mount off a patrol or off the 2.5 navara on a 3.0lt navara

im just asking as my mate has a spair cooler off a patrol.i heree that a patrol turbo is diffrent to a navara can anyone confirm that (bigger/smaller)

could buy scoop bigger than intercooler and have it proud of the bonnet,so long as it isnt stoopidly higher that is lol

has anyone tried putting on the top mount intercooler from a patrol zd30 onto a d22 navara? been thinking about it and can get all the gear for $750. im more interested in bonnet clearances. i would be using the patrol manifold, rocker cover, heater pipes intercooler and brackets ect. and adapting the patrol scoop to the bonnet. i want to do a few trips up north west w.a. and into n.t. so i thought the cooler might help with the hotter weather id encounter up there.
I would do a FMIC. I am a former ricer, and I can tell you, the performance between a FMIC and a TMIC are quite noticeable. If you're planning on trekking through the hotter parts of Australia, I would certainly use a FMIC if I could afford it. It'd probably be a lot cheaper, too. Buy whatever FMIC you can find, bung it in and piping shouldn't set you back more than 100$.

i heree that a patrol turbo is diffrent to a navara can anyone confirm that (bigger/smaller)
What does it matter? A turbo is a turbo, it has no effect on the IC.

i would not use the patrol IC anyway. they are prone to crack and considered crap quality. why do you think they give them away !

Latest posts

Back