Changes to TD2.7

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D21-DX2.7D

Reaction score
After doing my engine swap I noticed some changes between motors from 1994 to 1996. One such thing is the exhaust manifold, in the 1994 it has a single exhaust exit from the manifold while the 1996 has a dual exit. A second difference is the brake vaccum, on the 1994 the alternator makes the vaccum while on the 1996 the engine makes the vaccum.

Obviously improvements I have gathered but strange IMO as ordering parts resulted in me having to correct the parts dealer especially on the alternator. Any one else found any on seemingly identical cars?

When they were turboing the Terrano there was changes to the TD27, I thought the D21 was immune to that, Dion would know. A nice swap would include the manifold and turbo ect from a wrecking Terrano. That would get the old girl going, I was about to do mine in 99 until I needed a duel cab in a hurry lol.

From getting part numbers from FAST, a lot of the part numbers (for almost everything) seem to change around 94. That would indicate a generation change for the engine, possibly a plant/supplier change or new emissions laws in one of its markets. There would be some minor physical changes no doubt. The QD32 also runs a dedicated vacuum pump off the timing drive. It's better, you don't lose brake assist when you throw the front end accessory drive belt.

Latest posts

Back